Chapter 169

Chapter 169 Your Nemesis Knows You Best

The kites rented from Lily were usually meant for sightseeing, and the kite followed the route through some of the most beautiful places in Champion City, showcasing the many glorious buildings within the map. If Ye Ci was here as a tourist on this day, she might've even felt that the kite was flying too fast.

On this day however, Ye Ci was here as a reaper of the countless lives of enemy players. It would be a walk in the park if nobody was going after her. But right at this moment, Fleeting Time was following close behind Ye Ci in hot pursuit. Logically speaking, a player's movement speed will never be able to match that of the kite, but Lily's kite was designed to fly in an ever-shrinking spiraling pattern within Champion City. If Fleeting Time was able to position himself well enough, he would be able to spot Ye Ci's kite and take potshots at her. The spiral was shrinking smaller and smaller, and it seemed that the kite was about to land.

Ye Ci had never felt so helpless in her life, at least it was true in her life after her reincarnation. She was unable dismount from the kite, which was limiting her action. In such a tight space, it was very difficult to take aim at Fleeting Time while making sure that he was within her attacking range at the same time. The limitation to her actions also meant that she was unable to dodge attacks from Fleeting Time, and she would need to on constant alert for incoming abilities by Fleeting Time. Ye Ci had leveled up by a lot lately, which meant that there was a gap between their levels. Despite Fleeting Time's ferocious attack, his hit chances were reduced due to the level penalty. She would've been dead by now if the attacks were able to connect.

Fleeting Time of course noticed the same thing. After noticing that Ye Ci was unable to react effectively to his attacks, he was able to deduce that Ye Ci was unable to control the flight path of the kite. If she was able to do so, the situation would have been reversed, and he would never be able to gain such a huge advantage over Ye Ci.

Based on Fleeting Time's observation, other than the fact that Gongzi You's actions were extremely limited, the most important thing was that she was about to land. If he was able to time his attacks properly and pay attention to his positioning, it would be easy to take Gongzi You out. This however, was not a thrilling prospect for Fleeting Time. In his perspective, the outcome of his fights against Gongzi You was not important. He was intoxicated by the excitement from the fight, and the entire process of trying to outwit his opponent. That was the thrill of a fight between experts. A one-sided slaughter was just too boring.

Besides, Gongzi You was a female. In Fate, female characters would have slightly lower Strength than male characters while having higher points in their Agility. It would be borderline cheating if he took her out with such a huge advantage.

Fleeting Time was quick to discover another problem. He noticed that quite a number of his attacks on Gongzi You missed, and that his hit rate on Gongzi You was reduced compared to the last time they fought. There was not much changes to her equipment, which meant that her level must've been increased to a point where it was 3 levels above him.

If that was not the case, it was impossible for him to have such a low hit rate.

Fleeting Time was once again impressed by Gongzi You. In an online game, level could be the instrument of your opponent's demise. To be able to win, one must always be ahead in terms of level other than having good skills. That was why Fleeting Time was an enthusiast when it came to leveling up. He had never expected Gongzi You to level up at such a quick pace.

Judging from his hit rate during their last duel, the level difference between Fleeting Time and Gongzi You was not that great. But in such a short well, Gongzi You was able to surpass him and was at least 3 levels ahead of him. Where did she went to level up so fast?