Chapter 31: Why?

It was such a small world.

The two greeted Ye Ci right after they joined the party, "Gongzi, what a coincidence, we're here for the fun, but we only found guild parties. We were just about to leave and then we saw somebody looking for party members."

We never thought that it'll be you. We joined immediately without thinking!" Icy Cold Little Hands idolized Ye Ci, she was happy to be in her party.

"I was wondering, had all the Healers and Tanks lost their jobs?" Ye Ci was happy to see people that she was familiar with. Their skills were not that good, but she knew their strengths and weaknesses, having already partied with them before. It would be easier to control the situation once they entered the dungeon.

"Wow! Both of you are from the Freaking Awesome People! You're the ones who got First Blood on Icy Cave hard difficulty!" Timely Rain and Pickled Pepper Phoenix Claw said excitedly.

Normally, Little Icy Cold Hands would've bragged about it. But he could not bring himself to do so in front of Ye Ci. He scratched his head awkwardly and asserted, "It's just a coincidence. Just a coincidence."

Those two underestimated the power of idols. Despite Little Icy Cold Hands' reserved behavior, Timely Rain and Pickled Pepper Phoenix Claw treated him warmly. Ye Ci sighed. She was also part of the people who cleared it you know....

"Have you guys completed the prerequisite quest?" asked Ye Ci.

"Yes," replied the four collectively.

With the average player progressing towards the Chilly Wetlands, even those without a party would have the common sense to complete the prerequisite quest just in case.

Ye Ci nodded her head and led the four into the Cruel Pit.

Just before she entered the dungeon, Ye Ci's private voice message channel rang. The conversation also appeared in her text message channel.

The person had a Fate Logo beside his name in the word channel. It was a Fate Official.

"Hello, I am Customer Service No.094. Miss Gongzi You, do you still remember me?"

"Yes, what do you want?" It was Wang Jiang Nan. Ye Ci was bewildered. Why was a person from the development team looking for her? Was he taking back her pet egg?

"We've been studying the bug that you submitted. It is in the opinion of the entire development team that this bug is impossible to be exploited. Are you hiding the presence of other BUGs?" Wang Jiang Nan was in a difficult position. He knew that Ye Ci could kill the Sandstorm Scorpion with the BUG and he had reported it after investigating her movement records.

Of course, he could not tell that to his boss. He would be fired.

He could only try his best to explain the bug reported by Ye Ci to his bosses and tell Ye Ci about the results of the investigation.

Ye Ci was momentarily puzzled. She then answered coldly, "Since you do not believe me, why are you here? Handing out punishment? Confiscating my loot?"

"No, Miss Gongzi You. The development team wishes for you to demonstrate the bug you used to kill the Sandstorm Scorpion so that we can confirm the problem and fix the bug." Wang Jiang Nan sighed. He knew that it was almost a mission impossible.

Ye Ci remained silent as if she did not hear his words. She stayed with the party in the gloomy dungeons, clearing away the occasional monster.

The first floor of the Cruel Pit was slightly brighter. Scattered rays of light shone in from the cracks of the ceiling. The glittering light made the atmosphere even scarier. The mobs on this floor was scattered and it was easy to take care of them. The party could even joke around as they progressed through the floor.