Chapter 109: Who? It's me!

Ye Ci looked at the thread on the forum and laughed.

It'd been awhile since something like this happened to her. It was as if she had become a more decent person since her reincarnation. There were quite a lot of similar threads calling for her blood during her last life. She actually felt lonely at one point. To be able to see such remarks about her once again, wasn't it like a "reunion?"

Reading through the post word by word, Ye Ci felt that the person who posted it was quite talented. All the things mentioned in the thread, with the exception of Ye Ci ransacking Steel Blooded Battle Spear's guild warehouse did happened, but with a few twists here and there, they became and entirely different matter.

Who could be this person with such literary grace? Was it Thousand Sunsets? Zero Arsenic? Or was it Peacock Blue? Or was it someone Ye Ci had never met before? Ye Ci closed the forum shortly afterwards. She was not really interested in the thread. After all, things like this were just gossip that would eventually die down.

Ye Ci climbed out of the gaming cabin. The house was quiet. Bai Mo was probably still logged into the game, while her parents went on an outing with Tan Polang, leaving them behind. Ye Ci walked towards the balcony and went outside. She sat on the balcony and stared at the brilliantly illuminated city. She felt that her days were beautiful. They were calm and warm.

A gust of night wind blew past Ye Ci. The coldness of the wind caressed her skin, creeping up to her brain through her nerves. This was a refreshing experience for her brain that had been immersed in the game almost every day.

"If you're going to jump, I ain't calling 120 for you." A faint voice emanated from behind Ye Ci.

Ye Ci turned around and saw Bai Mo who was leaning against the sliding door, looking Ye Ci with a smile. She smiled back, "What? So heartless? You could at least try and save me if I jumped. You're so mean!"

Bai Mo pursed his lips and walked to Ye Ci's side. He took a packet of cigarettes from his pocket, pulled one out, and handed it to Ye Ci, "You smoke?"

Looking at the cigarette between Bai Mo's slender white fingers, Ye Ci accepted his offer after a brief pause. She raised the cigarette to her nose, took in a deep breath, and lowered it. Bai Mo already had a lit cigarette in his mouth, "Since when did you smoke?"

"I don't. But I think smoking one now is a perfect backdrop for your sorrowful mood. Just think of it as a... Nice background." Bai Mo answered with sarcasm.

"What, you think I'm pitiful?" This aroused Ye Ci's curiosity.

"You sure give off that feeling." Bai Mo answered truthfully.

Ye Ci raised her eyebrows and smacked Bai Mo at the back of his head, "You're the one who is pitiful. Your entire family is pitiful!"

"Aren't you part of my family?" Bai Mo glanced sideways at Ye Ci. Realizing that she had made the wrong choice in words, Ye Ci rolled her eyes at Bai Mo and continued staring at the horizon.

"Oi, that Thousand Sunsets guy must've hated you a lot then?"

"I guess so." Ye Ci shrugged. Who would know about that? It's not as if she could read his mind or something.

"What are you going to do?" Bai Mo rested against the balcony, and stared at Ye Ci. Ye Ci's face did not show even a hint of emotion under the bright light of the night sky. Bai Mo was worried by her behavior.

Ever since she was young, Ye Ci was someone who would keep her worries to herself. The thing that happened today was like an unexpected calamity. No matter who was involved, it would definitely hurt.