Chapter 143

It was impossible to dodge the arrows.

Ye Ci took the full brunt of the damage.

Fortunately for her, Ye Ci's level was not low. Although the level difference between her and Fleeting Time was unknown, it was quite insignificant judging from the damage of the arrows. The arrows took 20% of her HP away, but Ye Ci knew that the situation was anything but good. The skill cast by Fleeting Time was Multi Arrow. This meant that only 3-4 arrows would land on her. If he had decided to cast Rapid Fire instead, Ye Ci would've lost more of her HP to his attack.

With this factor taken into consideration, Ye Ci deduced that Fleeting Time's attack damage was nearly as powerful as hers. She would need to proceed with caution in this fight.

A duel between two hunters, who were both among the best of the best, was never a boring thing.

Ye Ci had an advantage over Fleeting Time, which was her passive ability, Strength Conservation. This ability meant that Ye Ci could use her skills without restraint, with the cooldown of the skills themselves being her only worry. Fleeting Time, without the Strength Conservation ability, had to take note of his mana consumption. Despite the mana-stealing attributes of his equipment, he was unable to achieve Ye Ci's condition of having her mana constantly full. He was, however, able to keep his mana level from dropping too rapidly.

The two were evenly matched in battle, with neither side gaining the upper hand.

With such a ferocious battle raging on between the two top-tier Hunters, the other players present, especially the Hunters, were distracted. Those Hunters who had died in battle were enjoying the fight in particular. They observed the duel with joy.

A Hunter was always alone.

They only associated themselves with their pets. They could always level up on their own. This meant that they seldom had the need to attend any party activities.

A hunter, however, was never lonely.

The Hunter class was the only class in Fate that could capture monsters as their pets. These pets were different from the monsters summoned by Warlocks. Hunters could interact with their pets, which was why they were never alone. They would always have a companion by their side.

The pets, as a Hunter's best friend, were unique. Each of them had their own habits, their own attributes, and each would react to matters differently.

Tortoises tended to be docile and would never attack unless given the order. Bear type pets were less intelligent. Although they were tough, they tended to have problems comprehending a command from their masters. Wolves and leopards were agile and cunning. They would often show intelligence in a fight. There were other even rarer pets which had their own unique behaviors and tastes. Feeding them was a very troublesome ordeal.

Animals such as dinosaurs and bats were rarely reared as pets. It was not because they were dumb, nor were their attacks weak. It was due to the sheer difficulty to raise their intimacy level. The time taken to raise the intimacy of such animals to 100% would be the same amount of time taken to tame at least 3-4 pets of other species. Other than that, it was really hard to please them. They were picky eaters, and would always judge their owner's character. They would not hesitate to abandon an owner with bad character...

Ye Ci's Ol' Four and Fleeting Time's Giant Vampire Bat had the same attitude when facing off against a unique pet.

Violent, Bad Tempered, Ferocious.

They were like two children fighting over a piece of candy, wreaking havoc across the battlefield.

Ol' Four was gigantic. Although his two tiny front paws were next to useless, its huge jaws and long, thick tail were deadly weapons. The Giant Vampire Bat might not have a tough hide like Ol' Four, but it was a flying animal. It flapped around with its gigantic wings and circled Ol' Four like a fly armed with its sharp claws. The bat would occasionally dash at Ol' Four, biting down on his weak spots, causing Ol' Four to fly into a rage.