Chapter 86: Dragon Dance Competition

Champion City deserved the title of the largest city in the Eastern Continent. This human city was at least 5-6 times larger than Red Lake City, and that wasn't all. The economy in the city was at its peak. The NPCs in the city were generally leading very happy lives. With around a hundred guilds based in the city, the city was very prosperous.

Clear Moon, who was standing outside of the teleportation point, said to Fruit Jelly beside him, "T-this is the first time I've been to Champion City."

Fruit Jelly nodded as she observed the people in the city that were more numerous than a hive of ants, mouth agape. "M-m-me too..."

"Why have you guys not visited this place? It's not that expensive to teleport here. You're acting like country bumpkins entering the city for the first time." Golden Man was someone who visited Champion City often, but the crowd gave him a headache as well. "My goodness, why are there so many people? I bet we'd be scattered in the crowd before we could find the registration NPC."

"This place is just too big and with so many people around, I'm afraid that I'll get lost." Clear Moon sniffed again. He was still in awe of Champion City's grand scale and the sheer number of players in the city. "If only Red Lake City was this prosperous."

Ever since Upwards Ho! had bound its staging area to Red Lake City, all the members of the guild had also bound their city-recalling stones to the city as well. A lot of them joined Red Lake City as a citizen. Although they'd benefitted from the daily quests in Red Lake City, they still couldn't help but envy the prosperity of such a huge city.

Just as the group was still contemplating how to enter the city, Bai Mo sent a message in the guild channel. "I've managed to to register our guild. Don't leave the vicinity of the city or we might not be able to locate you later."

Ye Ci, of course, went into the city alongside Bai Mo. She was able to put her high Agility and Balance to good use in the crowd and reached the registration NPC before Bai Mo. There were a total of 5 NPCs in charge of registration in Champion City, situated in the North, South, East, West and Central Districts. All the NPCs were surrounded by crowds of players.

The Dragon Dance Competition required teamwork. There was only one rule: No solo players accepted, only teams with between 5-100 members were allowed. The condition was announced on the official website before the New Year, and a lot of solo players had banded into groups.

The registration was done by the leader of a party. Judging from the sheer amount of party leaders registering their parties, one could roughly guess the number of players in the city.

As the guild leader, Bai Mo was fast to register the name 'Upwards Ho!' to the NPC. A notification panel then appeared in front of all the party members: The emcee of the Dragon Dance Competition wishes to invite you to the competition arena, do you agree?

The panel would only appear once. If a player selected 'reject' by accident, it meant that they forfeited from the competition and could not enter the arena. Bai Mo shouted in the guild channel, "Look closely, choose 'confirm?' Y'all must choose 'confirm!'"

After some white flashes, they were transported into a special arena. It was a very vast plain with soft green grass. One could not even see where the plain ended. There was a little flag planted on the ground every 20m, and the name of each registered party was written on the flag, while the party members stood below the flag. The props for dragon dancing were placed beside the flag.

The dragon props for each team were different. Ye Ci's party's was a green one decorated with golden patterns. The dragon's eyes were bright and full of life, as if the entire prop was a real dragon.