Chapter 62: A Confusing Difficulty

"Heal." Little Dan ordered without any hesitation.

Ye Ci retreated without any hesitation either. Her movements were rapid as she retreated to a spot which was 15 yards away from the last player with lightning speed.

As a party leader, one must be observant and alert. Ye Ci's movements were naturally detected by Little Dan. While he ordered them to cast a healing spell, he asked Ye Ci, "Gongzi You, why are you retreating? I haven't given you any orders to retreat..."

Before he could even finished his sentence, members of the party let out blood-curdling screams. They were all frozen after the Cleric cast the healing spell.

Ye Ci had retreated far enough and was out of the battle. She sat down pleasantly. There was a slight mocking tone in her cheerful voice. "There ought to be someone to stay here and help you all pick up your equipment."

Little Dan was filled with gloom because the party was going to be annihilated again, and also because Ye Ci was acting as if this was none of her business. "Let's hurry back into the dungeon again," he said angrily and didn't say anything else after that.

Ye Ci was blinded by the white glow from the death of other players in no time. She squinted her eyes as the corner of her mouth lifted into a faint smile. "This is really quite a splendid scenery."

By the time the party had once again returned to the dungeon, the equipment they had dropped were all neatly arranged on the floor. Ye Ci was still sitting at the same spot, as if she had never budged.

No one spoke. People who had dropped their equipment picked them up from beside Ye Ci before quietly sitting down to recover their HP.

To be annihilated two times in a row was quite a blow to their confidence. Even Peacock Blue, who had always been arrogant, was silent right now and seemed to be in low-spirits.

There was an old saying in dungeons: You must be alive to be useful.

No matter what class you were, if you wanted to have a high DP, or to tank against monsters, or even have the highest heal value, you must be able to satisfy the first rule, which was also the only bottom line - to survive. One could only be able to display their greatest strength when they were alive. If they were a dead body, even the most awesome player would only be a good-for-nothing who free loaded on experience points and equipment.

Although the Steel-Blooded Battle Spear was a new guild, they have managed to clear quite a few dungeons. The reason was naturally understood by everyone who was a member.

So right now, no one dared to blame Ye Ci about anything. She had only done the most accurate choice under the worst situation.

Little Dan didn't say anything either. He just sat at one corner, silently staring at the ruins that weren't really special ahead of them while he reflected on the problems and the lessons they had gained through these two annihilations. After awhile, he turned his head to look at Evil Winds, "Evil, did you discover anything just now?"

"I only sensed a great danger ahead of us. There should be an Elite Monster there. But I cannot detect it."

"Have you tried using Detection?"

"Not yet."

Little Dan nodded and then ordered another Elf Rogue from the party to follow the route that Evil Winds had taken just now towards the area ahead of them to cast Detection. After just a short while, he heard the rogue scream as he got frozen once again.

Little Dan wasn't panicked. He just remained stoic as he quietly ordered another healer to heal him and then quietly observed Ye Ci. When he discovered Ye Ci standing up immediately to retreat a distance after he ordered for a heal, he pretended to retreat by accident too and retreated to almost the same distance as Ye Ci.