Chapter 197 (Part 1)

Chapter 197 Epic Tier Quest (Part 1)

If all the maps in Fate were said to have different beautiful sceneries, then the sunset in Hidden Treasure Gulf would be the most beautiful sunset in the entire game.

The azure sky, the sea, the lush green plants, and the bustling town by the seaside proclaimed the beauty of the map to any visitors. It was serene and beautiful, which was a perfect place to settle down. Ye Ci loved the scenery in the Hidden Treasure Gulf.

This beautiful place, however, was destined to be the place of sorrow for some. Purity Essence was one such unfortunate individual. Perhaps, even after a long while, he would refuse to set foot in Hidden Treasure Gulf despite its scenery.

Although Ye Ci was not looking at Purity Essence, she could feel his sorrowful gaze on her. His stare made her uncomfortable. Slowly turning her head, Ye Ci looked right into the deep, dark eyes of Purity Essence. He was smiling slightly, but it was a smile full of sorrow.

The entire ordeal was perhaps very painful for Purity Essence, but Ye Ci did not regret her actions. Human life was short, and nobody had the time to worry about somebody else's joy or sorrow. Ye Ci merely had to do what needed to be done, and what she did, she would not regret.

Ye Ci, who raised her eyebrows, appearing to be calm. In reality, she was indeed calm. At least, she was way calmer than Purity Essence.

She spoke in a soft voice, "What? Is there something weird on my face? Don't you think it's rude for you to keep staring at me like that?"

Purity Essence snapped out of his swirling emotions upon hearing Ye Ci's words. Had he not been sitting on the rock, he might've stumbled and fallen onto the ground. Panicking, he shifted his gaze somewhere else.

With Purity Essence remaining silent after retracting his gaze, Ye Ci shifted her attention back to fishing. The tense atmosphere between them had to be broken and Ye Ci had taken the first step, but she did not want to be too meddlesome as well. This was why she opted to wait and observe Purity Essence quietly.

After all, Purity Essence was no machine. He was a human being. Despite Ye Ci's desire to acquire such a talented commander, she still needed to secure his loyalty. She did not wish for the person she spent so much effort in recruiting to be a walking corpse, it would be a huge loss for her.

Purity Essence was very anxious as the silence continued, his thoughts were in a mess. He finally made a decision after a long while, and spoke up slowly, "Gongzi You."

Ye Ci snorted as an indication that she has heard his words. She was not overly enthusiastic, but not overly cold. It was as if she was a stranger waiting for an answer from another stranger.

It was fortunate that she had put up such a demeanor.

Purity Essence was able to calm himself down when Ye Ci showed an indifferent behavior. If Gongzi You was overly cordial, he would probably feel that he was in trouble.

"I lost." These two words were so common that even a third grader would be able to read and write them. Those same two words, however, were also very rare. For someone to sincerely voice out those two words... It had to be harder than walking to the moon.

Such case was especially true for Purity Essence. With his arrogance, his pride, and his firm belief in his ideals crushed mere moments ago, saying those two words to Gongzi You was harder than killing himself.

But... Purity Essence squeezed those words out in the end.

Ye Ci was surprised. She did not expect Purity Essence to concede the result of this bet that seemed so insignificant to her. His willingness to admit his mistake also came as a surprise to her. Ye Ci was impressed. After all, not everyone could look squarely at their mistakes and admit their wrongdoings. Even Ye Ci herself... Even if she was a reincarnator... She might not be able to bring herself to achieve such a feat.