Chapter 91: Duel

"Hi, I'm Gongzi You." Ye Ci stood in front of that person, a shallow smile on her face. She extended her hand naturally and without reserve.

The person she was talking to was a tall and robust elf with silver hair just like Ye Ci. However, his eyes were black. The obsidian-esque pupils were a rare combination chosen for the elf race.

He was rather surprised by Ye Ci's actions. After a slight pause, he narrowed his eyes and stared at the Elven Huntress in front of him. His gaze was sharp as blade, stabbing at Ye Ci without restraint. A normal person would awkwardly retract his or her hand under such gaze.

Ye Ci, however, did not do so. She stood still, arm extended, not backing down from his provocative glare.

Finally, the person's ears twitched slightly and his mouth formed into a ghost of a smile. He extended his hand and shook Ye Ci's hand lightly, and said with a soothing voice, "Hello, I'm Fleeting Time."

Fleeting Time.

That's right, it was Fleeting Time.

He was the Fleeting Time that was christened as the God of Hunters, the Fleeting Time that ruthlessly steamrolled over Ye Ci, and the Fleeting Time that Ye Ci could not find when she was ready for a rematch.

She never knew that he was a member of Genesis.

Ye Ci could not describe her emotions when she saw Fleeting time. She felt joy as well as excitement, and her blood boiled.

Having a rematch with this person was a dream that she had carried on from her past life. How could she let this chance slip by?

Ye Ci restrained the intensity of her gaze, and retracted her hand. She then attempted to send Fleeting Time a duel invitation. The usage of weapons and abilities were prohibited in the arena earlier on and it meant that they were unable to fight each other. But it might just be different this time.

"Gongzi You sends you a duel invitation."

There were many style of PVP within Fate. If both parties involved were in the same alliance, they would be able to attack each other once they turn on the Massacre Mode. If they did not do so, the only way was to duel. If players were from different alliances, they would be able to attack each other directly.

The current situation however was quite unique. Although Ye Ci was in an opposing faction from Fleeting Time, all the players' names were green (unable to attack) in the event arena. Under such circumstances, the only way they could fight each other was through a duel.

Fleeting Time narrowed his eyes at the sudden duel invitation. He knew the Huntress standing in front of him. She was very famous in the Eastern Continent, and her gameplay videos were highly sought after by Hunters from all 4 continents. Fleeting Time was different from her. He had always been a team player. Although his moves were not as elegant, it did not mean that he was not strong.

However, that was not the point. The point was that he was not the only Hunter in Genesis. Even if this Huntress wanted to show off her skills, she wouldn't have picked him out of coincidence, would she? What was the reason?

"Why do you want to duel with me?" Fleeting Time did not accept nor reject the invitation. He stared at the Huntress. She was very young, and her face even betrayed a hint of childishness, but her eyes shone with determination and maturity. "There are a lot of Hunters in Genesis, so if you're looking for an opponent, there are others who are better."

"Because, they're not Fleeting Time." Ye Ci pursed her lips.

Fleeting Time creased his eyebrows. The answer was just... something undeniable.