Chapter 199 (Part 1 & 2)

Chapter 199 Mutual Benefits

As Ye Ci's consciousness began to fade, she heard an angered roar, and the hand choking her throat suddenly loosened its grip.

Ye Ci fell onto the ground, dazed. Her remaining consciousness registered that she was still alive, and as long as she was not dead, she had to carry on the fight. She stood up on shaky legs, and saw Ol' Three biting down hard on Buru's arm. The pain had caused the Werebeast to loosen its grip, thus saving Ye Ci's life.

The enraged Buru began flinging Ol' Three around as it hung on to his arm. This caused Ol' Three's hitpoints to plunge.

"Damned panther! How dare you get in my way!" Buru was finally able to dislodge Ol' Three from his arm, and threw it on the ground. The panther let out a whimper, appearing to have sustained serious injuries. Despite that, it struggled to stand on its feet, determined to carry on the fight.

After being distracted by Ol' Three, Buru's attention was focused solely on the panther. Ignoring Ye Ci, Buru walked up to Ol' Three, ready to end its life.

Ye Ci steadied herself. Stars filled her vision. She shook her head, and lifted her crossbow with trembling hands. "Buru! I am your opponent!" Ye Ci shouted with a hoarse voice, and fired all her high damage abilities on Buru.

Despite being at the verge of fainting, Ye Ci was able to miraculously hit Buru's vital spots, dealing critical damage to her opponent.

Suffering from the tremendous amount of damage, Buru had only 1.1% of his hitpoints left. To make matters worse for the Werebeast, Ye Ci's passive drained him of his already dwindling mana. He was no longer able to cast any spells.

Buru was thoroughly enraged. Giving up on any form of ranged attacks, he charged at Ye Ci. However, there boss did not shift into his animal form as he did not even have enough mana to transform himself. Ye Ci backed away, firing arrow after arrow at the boss.

She finally ran out of arrows when Buru had only 0.1% of his hitpoints left.

Ye Ci stood gasping for air 20 yards away from Buru, who was in no better condition himself. He was also at his limits. He was only able to stand upright through sheer force of will. Both parties glared at each other with bloodshot eyes, waiting for the slightest sign of weakness, ready to pounce on each other.

Ye Ci knew that it was not the time to wait. She slung her crossbow. Even though Hunters would become vulnerable when an opponent managed to get within 8 yards of them, Ye Ci did not forget that as a Huntress, she fought monsters in melee combat before she reached lvl5. Although a Hunter's damage output in melee range was not as high as a Warrior's, it did not mean that Ye Ci was unable to achieve victory.

She drew out her dagger and short sword. A cold glint reflected off her weapons.

"HAAAHH!" Ye Ci let out a shout after taking in a deep breath. It was a primitive and simple way to hype herself up for combat. She then charged at Buru. The outcome of the battle depended on this one hit. This was her last chance.

Echoing Ye Ci's thoughts, Buru let out a roar and charged at Ye Ci, swinging his staff around as he went. He was ready to engage the Elf in melee combat.

2 ranged characters that were not adept at melee ranged were locked in combat, with both parties determined to fight to their last breath.

Even if Buru was just an NPC, he had earned Ye Ci's respect. Such intelligent and tenacious monster was few and far between. Even if their ideologies were different, Buru was still a worthy opponent.

"Clang!"

"Pchit!"

The sounds rang out almost simultaneously. Ye Ci could feel a stabbing pain on her body, and she noticed that she had only 2% of her health left. Damn! Even for a class that was bad in melee combat, Buru's damage was just too high!