Chapter 164

Chapter 164 Mausoleum of Blades

The second son was a profligate, just like the ones described in novels and movies. He was unruly and rebellious. After rejecting the marriage arranged by his parents, he left the family and went overseas. He even married a waitress from a fast food restaurant during his time overseas and had a son with her. This caused much anger for the Old Master, and he had even disowned his second son.

After his second son ran away from home, the Old Master passed on all his responsibilities to his eldest son, thinking that his son would have more offspring that would be suitable heir candidates. Unfortunately, the Old Master's son had only had one son as well before he died young in a car accident. Carrying the sorrow of seeing his child die before him, the Old Master poured all his efforts into raising his grandson. But... The performance of this eldest grandson was somewhat dissatisfying. It was as if he was always lacking when it came to doing business.

At that moment, the Old Master received yet another terrible news. His second son, who was staying abroad, died in a fire along with his spouse, leaving their 15 year old son behind.

Despite being angry at his son's decision, blood was still thicker than water. Being curious about the innate talent of the child, the Old Master secretly went overseas and met with the child. After a few months of interaction, he noticed that the child was a more talented and suitable candidate to be his heir. He was happy. Fearing that the transition from being poor to suddenly becoming rich would spoil the child, the Old Master placed the child under the care of a normal family. He was, however, still prudent when it came to the child's education.

With that, the 2 children grew up without knowing about each other. They grew up, studied and began working... Until Fate was launched.

The Old Master, who had always been doing business through conventional means, was very interested in Fate before its open beta. He even made the decision to invest 60% of his assets into the game. With that, he ordered Thousand Sunsets to enter the game. The initial growth of Steel Blooded Battle Spear was satisfying, and the Old Master had even considered naming Thousand Sunsets as his heir. He did not anticipate the severe altercation Thousand Sunsets had with Ye Ci. If the incident provoked some dissatisfaction from the Old Master, the damage suffered by the guild and his fall out with Ye Ci caused his extreme anger.

After expressing his anger at Thousand Sunsets' stupidity, the Old Master told him about the presence of the other child and another heir candidate. He sent the child into the game as well, beginning the competition between the two.

The clearing of Castle Ruins this time was not the deciding factor of the two's position as heir, but it was an important way of indicating their abilities. That was why both of them were determined to win.

"And that person is Unbridled Willow?" Ye Ci let out a yawn after patiently listening to a gossip that had nothing much to do with her.

"Yep, yep, that's him." Green Hill's Moon nodded, "That's why I told you that they're rivals."

Ye Ci nodded. Apparently this piece of information had a very huge effect on her plan. In fact, it even made her original plan obsolete. All of a sudden, a question flashed across Ye Ci's mind, "Then who the hell is Zero Arsenic?"

"Oh, he's the Head Secretary of the Old Master, his trusted aide."

"He's not a subordinate of Thousand Sunsets?"

"Of course not! He answers directly to the Old Master."

"But why was he so loyal to Thousand Sunsets then?"

"He's loyal only to the heir appointed by the Old Master." Green Hill's Moon lifted the cup and took in a greedy whiff. His words were of great enlightenment to Ye Ci.