Chapter 82: The Valiant shall emerge victorious

For a moment, nobody spoke up.

Ye Ci did not pay the newcomers any heed once she had identified them as the party that was here to level up the last time. She turned her head around and said to her guild members, "It's nothing, let's go. They're just here to level up." With that, the entire group relaxed, and they were about to move around the Holy Water Fountain and leave the Buren Monastery.

Crimson Twilight refused to let his nemesis walk away just like that, despite the difference in numbers. In the past month, his guild had been working hard to level up. They have farmed some Scorching Mage Robe sets from the Scorching Canyon as well. He planned to push his guild's dungeon exploration progress after further raising his members' level and then he would exact revenge on Gongzi You.

After losing 2 levels the last time, they have managed to level up as Mallows had discovered Gongzi You's leveling secret. They gathered all the Sorcerers in their guild and copied the exact same thing Ye Ci had done. No one had thought that they would run into each other at this place.

Crimson Twilight had made up his mind to teach Gongzi You a lesson. Once he had confirmed that the Huntress he saw was indeed Gongzi You, he ordered the Rogue in his party to cast Detection on Ye Ci's guild members. Although all 50 of them had hidden their levels, the Rogue was able to get information of their equipment. They all had level 15 equipment. It meant that even if Crimson Twilight's party only had 39 members, they were able to compensate for the inferior numbers just by having level 20 equipment.

"Twilight, they're leaving." A Hunter who was standing behind Crimson Twilight was watching Ye Ci and her party closely, he immediately notified Crimson Twilight of their actions.

"Hmph! Leave? Sure. I'll send them back to the spawn point." Crimson Twilight snorted, and immediately began to cast Explosion.

Against a concentrated mass of enemies, Explosion was a Sorcerer's best offensive skill before he or she had learned any large AOE attack spell. Explosion had a short cast time and splash damage. With Crimson Twilight's Scorching Mage Robe set that increased fire-based spell damage, Explosion's damage was raised exponentially.

A scorching fireball grow larger and larger at the tip of Crimson Twilight's staff, the amber color of the fireball was dazzling. Another skill however, flew towards Ye Ci before Crimson Twilight fired off his spell. It was a Viper Needle.

Although Ye Ci was already preparing to leave Buren Monastery, her past life experience had taught her to not let her guard down in any and all situations. Even though she did not think she had any conflict with the bunch before, she was not familiar with them. Besides, it was very common for players to clear the leveling area of other players, even if Upward Ho! was about to leave, she still took some precautions.

It paid off. Ye Ci shifted herself slightly and was able to dodge the Viper Needle. A Summoner standing behind her was not that lucky and was hit. Her Fire Minions immediately charged at the enemy.

"XXX has attacked your party." A warning generated by the system immediately chimed in every member's ears.

"Disperse!" Ye Ci immediately gave the order.

Unfortunately, most of the guild members were newbies. They were able to keep their calm when it came to PVE, but when they have to go up against other players, their minds instantly went blank. They immediately lost their game sense. The members of Upward Ho! lost their cohesiveness especially when under attack by enemies. They did not even know how to react when Ye Ci gave the order for them to disperse.

The Explosion that followed threw them into further disarray. They'd even forgot to dodge, and a lot of them were damaged by the spell. Fortunately, they'd been leveling the entire day with Ye Ci. If they were still all level 18, many of them would've died.