Chapter 51: Which girl hadn't not fallen in love when they're young?

Chapter 51: Which girl hadn't not fallen in love with all the wrong bastards when they're young

(The title  is too long)

The Cleric was actually quite capable. He was able to rescue the Warrior from death's grip in such a dire situation.

Despite having the strength of an entire party, nobody would be able to fight against a Wild BOSS like this using conventional means. The party that arrived had either made serious preparations, or they're outright stupid.

Apparently, these guys came with a plan.

They lured the Armored Giant Tortoise to a specific spot near the hot spring, where a group of man-sized rocks stood. These rocks formed a perfect camping spot for at least five players. As long as the Warrior stood still in between these rocks, the monster's underbelly would be stuck between the rocks, exposing it to attacks from ranged players.

However, the BOSS was not entirely stuck. As soon as the Warrior moved away from the group of rocks, the Armored Giant Tortoise would follow suit. This would mean the annihilation of the entire party.

Ye Ci had originally thought of fighting the Armored Giant Tortoise using the same method. But Ol' Three was not a player. When it was hungry, its attack damage and aggro value would be halved. If Ye Ci fed Ol' Three at that moment, Taunt will be interrupted. This would cause the Armored Giant Tortoise to phase out of combat status or shift its aggro.

This was why Ye Ci chose to kite the boss instead.

However, with the strength and cooperation of a party, Ye Ci's assailants would be able to defeat the Armored Giant Tortoise that had 8% of its HP left within an hour.

Ye Ci laid silently not far from their location. Thanks to her reflexes, she was able to avoid suffering any damage.

As one of the most wanted person in her past life, Ye Ci pushed herself to the extreme in order to survive. Her action of dodging the attack from the Rogue was a very rare skill in Fate. The skill was dubbed 'Superior Dodge'.

'Superior Dodge' was not a skill that can be learned from NPCs. It was a result of a player's experience in combat. Despite appearing to be only a slight shift of position, it requires a lot of skill to pull off successfully.

When was the best time to dodge? How to dodge a physical attack? How could a magical attack be dodged? How to achieve the highest efficiency of dodging with the slightest amount of movement? How does one increase their chances of dodging an attack?

Ye Ci was able to find the answers to all of these question after gaining a lot combat experience.

Nobody was born a pro. Even the pros were once newbies.

Ye Ci discovered 'Superior Dodging' by chance. But she was very perceptive when it came to gaming. She was able to seize that exact moment and store it into her brain. She then fought in the arena for months to hone her skills. She pressed on despite death after death and spent tens of thousands of gold to repair her damaged equipment.

She finally mastered her skill in a fight for her life against other players.

Ye Ci was reminded of her 'Superior Dodging' when she was previously ambushed by the Rogue from the Western Continent. At first, she was not able to use it successfully as she was not used to her body that was 10 years younger. She was no longer able to adapt to the tempo and she was troubled by her complete change in class. She trained day and night in Red Lake City's arena to reacquire her long lost skill. As the basics were already ingrained in her mind, she was able to reacquire the skill.