Chapter 40: Under Attack

The Grandmaster Fisherman was not a normal NPC. He was entirely different from the NPCs who could be found in the game and were programmed with just one or two lines of nonsense. If Ye Ci recalled correctly, instructor NPCs were usually categorized as high grade NPCs, while Grandmaster instructor NPCs were Legendary NPCs. Only one of them would be present on any given continent.

If a Grandmaster instructor died, the system would automatically respawn one.

However, it took a a longer period of time to respawn such NPC. A total of three years time in real time.

Ye Ci dragged Johnny's corpse into a ditch she dug out as she talked to herself, "Three years are actually quite short, they'll pass by in the blink of an eye," said Ye Ci. She then turned around and asked, "Ol' Three, what say you! Let's be more artistic, time passes quickly like a white pony's shadow across a crevice, the passing of a millennium is just in the mere blink of an eye. Am I right, am I right! Even a thousand years can pass in the blink of an eye, not to mention three years!"

It was uncertain if Ol' Three could understand Ye Ci's words, but it was wagging its tails at her, acting all cute.

With great effort, Ye Ci threw Johnny into the ditch and covered him with soil. She then let out a long sigh.

It was definitely not in vain.

A Legendary NPC's corpse would disappear in 18 months of real time upon its death, and an NPC with a similar tier would respawn in another 18 months. This meant that in the next 36 months, the East Continent would not have any Grandmaster Fisherman.

If any Life Players wanted to learn fishing skills from a Grandmaster, she was sorry, but they could only look for one in the other four continents. And to leave the continent... Ye Ci looked up into the sky, this really had nothing to do with her!

Although she kept telling herself that, Ye Ci still fulfilled her 'responsibility' and buried the body. If someone was to discover the death of the Grandmaster Fisherman, and noticed that a NPC of a similar tier did not respawn, they would definitely report if to the game officials and God knows if they'd link the incident to her.

She really had nothing to do with it!

After properly burying Johnny's body, Ye Ci picked up the fishing rod that nicked her hand earlier. It was an ordinary fishing rod. Ye Ci immediately threw it away and began surveying the small col once again. She wanted to get out of the place.

Of course, the scenery of the place was still beautiful. Birds were chirping happily and soft green grass covering the floor. If one ignored the mess that Ye Ci and the python had created with the impact of their fall, the place was still beautiful.

The trees would respawn soon anyways. Now, Ye Ci needed to get out of this place.

Ye Ci took a final glance at the col before she hurriedly left the place as if it was haunted. There was only a narrow path leading away from the col and Ye Ci reached a small wooden house after jogging down the path.

There was a sign on the door: Johnny's House.

This Grandmaster Fisherman sure likes leaving his name everywhere! He even wrote his name on his house! Originally, she planned to leave as soon as possible but Ye Ci stopped as soon she saw the house.

That guy was a Grandmaster Fisherman, shouldn't he have something valuable?

Ye Ci walked into Johnny's house and began rummaging through the place. The interior of the house was simple, there was nothing of value. Ye Ci then found a row of fishing rods and a fish basket at a corner of the house.