Chapter 59: The Mystifying Battle Commander

Ye Ci's daily tasks in the guild were quite simple. In the current stage of the game, eight 5-man dungeons had already been explored. The were 10 daily entries for normal difficulty dungeons, while there was 5 entries for the hard difficulty. Ye Ci did not have to use all of her entries. What her task was, was to help clear the hard difficulty version of in each of the 8 dungeons once per day.

The feeling of working for someone else was totally different from the feeling of working hard only for oneself. Even Liu Chang felt that heading into the dungeon was a chore after fully upgrading her equipment. She would've given up on clearing the dungeons if not for the sake of improving her skill.

After four days of leading parties into the dungeon, Ye Ci discovered that she had mysteriously received an administrator position, the Battle Commander. The guild warehouse that was only open to the guild leader and vice leader was also made available to Ye Ci.

If assigning her to help clear dungeon's was Steel-Blooded Battle Spear's way of restricting Ye Ci, then their action this time was a very obvious attempt at buying her loyalty.

What is a guild's Battle Commander? It could be considered as the very soul of that guild, a figure that could lead the guild forward. A Battle Commander of a guild was always somebody who was a very experienced commander or a very skillful player. In a fight, the Battle Commander would always be the focus of attention.

As for the rights to freely use the guild warehouse, it's the highest benefit a guild member could receive.

The wealth of the guild was stored in the guild warehouse. Top-tier equipment, materials and skill books... Everything in the guild warehouse was high quality.

Even a small 100-person guild viewed their guild warehouse as something very important. In normal circumstances, only their leader and vice leader of a guild have the authority to freely use the guild warehouse. The normal guild members could only watch from the sidelines and dream about it.

For Thousand Sunsets and Zero Arsenic to grant such a great authority to Ye Ci that even Peacock Blue did not have, their intention of buying her loyalty was very obvious.

"Oh, Gongzi, you came online?" Ye Ci's curiosity was aroused when Thousand Sunsets contacted her on his own accord, as it was very rare for him to do so.

"Yeah."

"I've heard from Zero Arsenic that you're learning Life Skills. It must be hard. I've given you access to the guild warehouse. Take anything you need." Said Thousand Sunsets.

"It's inappropriate for me to do so. After all, they're the blood and sweat of the other guild members." Ye Ci understood the saying "after dinner comes the reckoning" as well as the idiom "carrot after stick". She knew that Steel-Blooded Battle Spear was giving her the "carrot," but she had no attention of accepting that "carrot."

"Oh, it's okay. You're one of us after all." Thousand Sunsets let out a hearty laugh. Ye Ci thought to herself, if he wasn't so driven by benefit, it would be easy to befriend someone like this. Unfortunately, there was a huge gap between them that could not be crossed.

"You can take any equipment and potions you want as well."

Ye Ci did not want to argue with Thousand Sunsets on this matter. It was their choice to grant her the authority, but to use it or not was up to her. She got straight to the point and addressed the matter that bothered her the most, "Thousand Sunsets, I think you should appoint someone else as the Battle Commander, as I'm not the one for the job. I'm not a veteran, nor have I contributed much to the guild. It is inappropriate for me to be appointed as the Battle Commander."