Chapter 123: The pot calling the kettle black

Ye Ci took out a few roasted quails and stuffed them into Ol' Four's mouth, who shook its head in delight. She then instructed it to turn around and retrace their original route. In deference to the roasted quails earlier, Ol' Four immediately complied and started galumphing back.

A few more Fireballs and Holy Bolt struck Ye Ci, leaving her with only a quarter of her HP.

"Glistening Snow has attacked you, you may freely retaliate for twenty minutes."

"Mu Qing has attacked you, you may freely retaliate for twenty minutes."

...

So it was the players from Tang Dynasty. Ye Ci pressed herself as close to Ol' Four's back as possible while she observed her surroundings, searching for her two attackers; it wasn't long before she saw a few familiar faces. It turned out that players from Tang Dynasty and Wolf Pack were having a turf war. If it was a turf war between other guilds, perhaps Ye Ci would be astonished. However, it was of no surprise to her once she saw that these two guilds were the ones fighting.

Both were famous, powerful guilds with the ambition to be ranked first in the Eastern Continent. The guilds were already at odds with each other over the rankings, butting heads at every opportunity. It was not uncommon to see them conflicting over anything that would benefit their guild.

Ye Ci commanded Ol' Four to run in an erratic manner whilst making a break towards an area with more people, By doing so, not only would she be able to decrease her probability of getting hit, it'd also maximize her chances of concealing herself. Once she ran into the crowd of players, Ye Ci immediately leapt off Ol' Four's back and started sprinting.

It was clear that Mu Qing and Glistening Snow had locked onto her. Despite escaping into the player crowd, Fireballs and Holy Light Bullets still occasionally landed on her. Ye Ci took out a red potion from her inventory and downed it to replenish her diminishing HP bar. Keeping her body as low to the ground as possible, she swiftly made her way towards the rear of the Tang Dynasty's players, where the Clerics were clustered together. Glistening Snow had spotted Ye Ci as she passed by the Clerics' gathering spot.

At first, Ye Ci had believed that it was an accidental attack and thought nothing of it. However, Mu Qing's attack had convinced her that the assault was intentional, and it is possible that Glistening Snow might be trying to take revenge on her for stealing the BOSS the other day.

Before long, Ye Ci was able to close in on Tang Dynasty's Clerics. At that point, she had already gone into Stealth and recalled Ol' Four, successfully giving Glistening Snow and Mu Qing the slip. Taking out her Venomous Scorpion Stinger, she stepped towards Glistening Snow.

At that moment, Glistening Snow was glancing about while she healed the players at the frontlines. She was apparently worried by Ye Ci's sudden disappearance. Meanwhile, as the distance between the two gradually reduced, Ye Ci could smell the store-bought perfume from Glistening Snow.

To be honest, the perfume smelled good; it was a scent that any female would love, Ye Ci included. However, she would never use something like this on herself, not because she didn't like to dress up, it was just that her profession as a Huntress would never allow her to do something that would risk compromising her actions.

Easily circling behind Glistening Snow, Ye Ci looked at her back where the heart was located. While melee classes equipped heavy armor to protect this vital area from any possible enemy attacks, classes with cloth equipment did not enjoy such special features. In order to wield their immense spiritual powers, they had to wrap themselves in light, soft cloth equipment. Although aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, the equipment's defense values were close to zero.