Chapter 168

Chapter 168 Opponents

Xinhua Dictionary and Wenshan were important figures of some of the largest guilds of the Western Continent and were well-known battle commanders. However, any experienced commander will be caught unprepared in such a situation. Xinhua Dictionary shouted in dismay into the command channel, "F*ck me! I was pushing towards to Royal Palace and a bomb dropped from the sky right into the midst of my main force. It killed them all!"

"It's the same over here." Wenshen let out a sigh after replying with a sullen tone.

"Bombs falling from the sky?" Absalom was baffled. This doesn't sound right. "What do you mean by bombs falling from the sky? Speak clearly! Don't spread panic within our ranks!" said Absalom as he looked up in the sky. He was unable to spot Ye Ci was she was flying at a lower altitude and was obstructed from view by the various tall buildings within Champion City. That was why he was unable to comprehend the words of Xinhua Dictionary and Wenshan.

"Somebody flew by silently on a huge glider while dropping bombs below. With Champion City packed with so many players, and the fact that we have never expected something like this to happen, the bombs wiped us all out."

Wenshan saw the kite streaking northeast and immediately reported the situation to Absalom, "If I'm not wrong, she's headed to the eastern and northern sector. I can't tell if she's controlling that thing and how she got her hands on such a thing, but you guys be careful! Spread out immediately!"

Before Absalom could give out the order, the commanders of the Western Continent player in Champion City's Northern and Eastern Sector, Intoxicated and Joyless had already ordered their men to take the necessary precautions. Due to the suddenness the situation, Western Continent players were slow to react. If there were only Western Continent players in the map, they would be able to carry out their orders. The place however, was a battleground with both Eastern and Western players locked in combat against each other. By the time the players from the West Continent received the order to retreat, they were unable to immediately maneuver themselves.

Just at that moment, a black silhouette appeared in the sky of the eastern sector, like a phantom spreading its wings.

Intoxicated, who was the commander of the eastern sector knew what would happen the moment he laid eyes on the silhouette. He screamed into the command channel, "Everyone! Spread out! Don't stick together! Blend into the ranks of the Eastern Continent players..."

Before he could finish his sentence, Intoxicated's vision turned grey.

"You have been slain." the cold voice of the system notification rang in his ears.

Intoxicated laid on the ground, and swallowed his unspoken words. He looked around with his greyed field of vision and cursed at the top of his lungs, "F*ck!"

Absalom was in the Eastern Sector as well, but was not among the main force, and was at a higher ground. He immediately noticed what had happened after hearing the voice of Intoxicated, "Intoxicated?"

"Dead."

Absalom took in a deep breath. He was being forced into a corner by this situation. He looked up at the gigantic kite, and said to the commander of the northern sector who was not yet ravaged by the bombs, "Joyless, be careful, that flying thing is headed your way!"

"I know, I've already began evacuating my men. The streets are packed full of players, and the NPC soldiers in Champion City are chasing us down. We are barely able to fall back." and with that, Joyless went silent. Absalom could feel his heart in his mouth during the few seconds of silence before Joyless let out a sigh, "We're still too late. We're packed so closely with each other on the ground, but she soared effortlessly on the air. We were not able to outrun her and got bombed as well. At least the casualties over here are slightly lower than yours. At least I'm still alive."