Chapter 85: My parents wants to play too?

Although the mayor of Red Lake City vehemently tried to dissuade Ye Ci, she ultimately still chose a ring of houses surrounding the small plaza in the Western District. Unlike the extremely expensive land in the Eastern District, the houses in the Western District were extremely cheap. Even though Ye Ci bought more than ten storefronts in one go, it only cost her around three thousand gold. This amount of money would not have been enough to get a storefront in a somewhat better position.

Ye Ci naturally would not make unprofitable transactions. She did not forget that after the Lunar New Year, Fate had a more substantial update, primarily for the purpose of increasing a player's convenience in exchanging game currency and real life currency. Currently, only the largest cities in the four continents had such bank exchanges, which were overcrowded with players everyday and were extremely inconvenient, causing many players to complain. Hence, in the following update, banks would be dispersed to every city.

Red Lake City's bank exchange would be precisely in this small plaza.

At present, as everyone's levels gradually rose, Red Lake City also gradually became bustling with excitement, due to its surroundings having many maps with ore and herbs, as well as many nearby areas suitable for players from level 35 to 75. Although the degree of liveliness was incomparable to Champion City and Oasis City, at the very least it was unlike previously where there were only a small number of people strolling around the city.

When Red Lake City's mayor saw that Ye Ci was determined to buy the houses in the Western District, he was somewhat disappointed. After he helped Ye Ci handle the procedures for the deeds, he calmly and unhurriedly asked, "Have you investigated the bandit nest northwest of the city that we spoke of before?"

Recently there were truly too many matters, so this matter was unfortunately forgotten by Ye Ci. She vaguely made a sound to answer before taking the deeds and leaving the municipal hall.

Taking a boat to the Western District, Ye Ci quickly reached the small plaza. At present, there was only a crude fountain, with NPC children happily playing around it. The houses surrounding the fountain were all covered with a yellow cloth which wasn't originally there. Originally, these were a few low private houses. Currently, the yellow cloth symbolized that the place had already been sold, but was yet to open for business. Once the owner decided to start a business here, they could go to the municipal hall's construction engineers to choose the building's model, pay a fixed fee and then start their business.

As for the small fountain, soon it would become the future circular bank exchange. At that time, the number of players in this area would suddenly increase, inevitably guiding the business of the surrounding storefronts. On the other hand, the Eastern District's popularity would gradually wither down.

Although she had bought the storefronts, Ye Ci temporarily did not plan to open a business in all of them. First, she did not have that many items to sell. Second, she did not have that many suitable people to manage the store. Therefore, she planned to leave them unoccupied for the time being. Opening after the bank exchange opened was pretty good as well.

With the Lunar New Year, the moment came to intensely work on the team compatibility of Upwards Ho!. Bai Mo's parents went on their own vacation, therefore Bai Mo didn't return home for the new year and instead remained in Ye Ci's house. To Ye Ci, this year's Lunar New Year had an especially important significance.

This was because she not only had the opportunity to go back in time and once again care for her parents; She could also amend all her former mistakes. Most importantly, her whole life could start afresh. When the bell chimed at midnight, Bai Mo pushed Ye Ci to make a wish.

Ye Ci's wish was very simple. She hoped that the new year would be as happy as the present.

Not unsurpassed fame and profit, it was fine as long as her parents, relatives and friends were by her side.