Chapter 173

Chapter 173 What's This Feeling?

Liu Chang moved forward and patted Ye Ci on the shoulder as she walked past, followed close behind by the couple of Tiny Hands and Little Hands, Pickled Pepper Phoenix Claw, Fruit Jelly, Mi Lu and even Pea Cake. What infuriated Ye Ci the most was that they didn't even speak a single word, but simply let out long sighs as they walked past her. Ye Ci was ready to explode with rage.

Bai Mo, who was walking at the very back, patted Ye Ci's shoulders like the people before him. He let out a long sigh, and said with a knowing look, "No wonder you refused to regroup with us. So that's how it is...As expected, you can't expect to keep your daughter around when she becomes of age."

Bai Mo's words were like a spark that lit the fuse to a bomb and at that moment, her rational completely collapsed. No longer caring if Bai Mo was the commander, Ye Ci kicked Bai Mo on his back. This caused him to lose his balance and fall flat on his face in full view of all the players present.

"Hey hey, you can't vent your anger at me like that! " Bai Mo protested.

Ye Ci snorted coldly, ignoring Bai Mo's plight.

Just then, Sir Ditty's voice rang out in the command channel, "All battle groups, listen up! Head to the Monastery immediately!"

Despite enjoying the little scene between Gongzi You and Bai Mo, the players immediately tensed up after Sir Ditty's voice rang out in the command channel.

Sir Ditty gave more orders in the command channel, assigning different tasks to each of the battle groups, "The First Battlegroup listen up, I want you to attack from the main road. Do it at all cost! You have the most men and the best equipment. Remember, this is a battle of survival for a continent; a battle for our mutual benefit. Even if the opposition is strong, even if you die, at least you've died on the battlefield!"

Sir Ditty then continued after a short pause, "And I'd like to say this to the members of all battle groups, don't you dare ask the question: What if I lose my equipment? Just so all of you know, if the Western Continent is successful in taking over the Monastery, you'll lose more than your equipment and income; you'll lose your pride as well! Your pride as an Eastern Continent player! The growth of our continent is the best in the world! If we lose, we'll become the worst continent! Everything will be affected by this! Is this something that you want?"

Not everyone could speak in the command channel, but the thunderous roars of players in Champion City was a testimony to how effective Sir Ditty's speech was. The speech was rousing for normal players, but Ye Ci who had experienced countless siege battles in her last life was unaffected. She was, however, impressed by Sir Ditty's charisma. Not every commander possessed such charisma.

It would be a waste if a person like this didn't end up as a politician.

Ye Ci was no longer paying attention while Sir Ditty continued giving out commands in the command channel. Her mind was occupied with another matter. Did Fleeting Time run away because he was recalled by his commander? How could that be? Is Fleeting Time the sort of person that would care about the bigger picture? If that was the case, however, the commander that had been able to convince Fleeting Time time to disengage from their battle must be someone very remarkable. After all, the one who could order a person as arrogant as Fleeting Time was definitely not someone simple.

A question continuously gnawed at Ye Ci's mind: No matter how you looked at it, Fleeting Time was a top-tier player in the Western Continent. A skillful player like him couldn't unleash his full potential in a chaotic melee, but he left anyways. Was he leaving to regroup with the main force to take down the Monastery?