Chapter 104: The Battle

All the guild admins in the room were present during that PVP battle. Once the name was mentioned, they immediately understood what was going on. Ye Ci eyed the admins that were still intending to continue the meeting and laughed. "There's nothing to discuss anymore. Since it's them, it only means that they held a grudge against us. Let's go out there and fight them."

"We're severely outnumbered. Mi Lu is now directing members to take turns in joining the battle. Their engagement endurance is not that good, and they're in constant need of replenishment." Overflowing Ink raised a rather important issue, "Although we have managed to gather a lot of new recruits after the Dragon Dance event, the number of those who would truly fight for the guild is questionable. Most of them don't have a sense of belonging to the guild. Even they helped out, they did not even try their best, and that..."

"That affected the original members of our guild as well." Ye Ci completed Overflowing Ink's sentence.

Everyone remained silent. It was the truth.

Although there were quite a few members in Upwards Ho!, most of them joined the guild because of the level 5 guild encampment. They had their own little agendas, and unity was the last thing in their minds. In this Guild Battle where they were needed dearly, only the original guild members and a very miniscule number of the new members were willing to join the fight.

Full Moon's Night must have had prepared thoroughly for this battle. They'd planned their strategy well. Their attack on the guild encampment was fast and unexpected. To have war declared upon them at such an early hour, the guild encampment of Upwards Ho! would've been sacked if not for the tough defenses of a level 5 guild encampment.

Although a lot of Upwards Ho!'s players had come online and were fighting back, morale was low. Despite not having any advantages, the enemy's sudden attack had greatly affected the members of Upwards Ho!. Although Upwards Ho! was protected by the strong fortifications of a lvl 5 guild, victory was within their grasp.

The enemy, however, had a weakness.

There were NPCs who sold supplies stationed in the guild encampment. Even if the guild's own Potion Masters were unable to keep their production of potions equal to the pace of the battle, the guild members could always purchase potions from the NPCs. Those on the attacking side did not have such a convenience. They had to carry their own supplies, and they'd brought only a limited number of Potion Masters. They could not afford to drag out the fight.

If Upwards Ho! was able to prolong the fight, Full Moon's Night would've lost. However, there was a time limit for Guild Battles.

The time limit for attacking a level 5 guild encampment was 5 hours. In other words, when Full Moon's Night began their attack on Upwards Ho! at 6am in the morning, the battle would end at 11am. If the outcome of the battle was not decided by then, the system would then decide the victors by calculating the casualties on both sides and the damage sustained by both side's fortifications.

"What's the time now?" Ye Ci asked all of a sudden.

"10.27am." Timely Rain answered.

Ye Ci nodded and left the conference room. "I'll take a look at the encampment wall."

Things were definitely not going well.

The ranged players of Full Moon's Night were positioned 20 yards away from the encampment wall. There were roughly 100 of them, which included mages and those who dealt physical damage. It was actually not something that needed to be worried about, as the attack range for ranged classes was generally the same. The factor that had placed Upwards Ho! in a pinch was the fact that the skill range in Fate was calculated by distance traveled in a straight line. The players of Upwards Ho! were all stationed on the encampment's wall. This meant that there would be an angle when they fired downwards downwards, and the angle meant that there would be an extra distance of 2 yards between their range and enemy's range. Because of that, only abilities that dealt AOE damage could reach their enemies.