Chapter 170

Chapter 170 It Has Only Just Begun

Was there any other system notification that could make matters worse when things were already bad?

Ye Ci did not think so. As a Huntress who focused heavily on the Beast Taming branch of her Talent tree, there was nothing more miserable than this. In truth, focusing on the Beast Taming branch of her Talent tree was not part of Ye Ci's plan. With the addition of 2 top-tier pets however, it would be a total waste to not spend her Talent points on Beast Taming when the game was still in its mostly PVE stage. If the game was in the PVP stage, Ye Ci would have spent more of her Talent points on the Archery branch. It was a rather unfortunate situation for Ye Ci.

There was only one explanation when Ye Ci could not summon her pet at this location: Ground-type pets could not travel on rooftops. It might be one of the game's ultra realistic feature, but come to think of it, if Ye Ci summoned Ol' Four in such a place, he would not be able to cross the gaps between roofs. Besides, wouldn't the rooftops of houses be destroyed should Ol' Four dashed on top of them? It would be a problem as well.

It seems that despite being ferocious, Epic tier pets were still restricted by terrains. Fleeting Time's Giant Vampire Bat did not suffer from the same restriction faced by Ye Ci's pet. It was a flying type pet that could be summoned as long as there is space in the air.

Ye Ci gritted her teeth at this fact. What the hell is this? Why do bad things happen whenever she ran into Fleeting Time? He was such a pain in the ass.

Fleeting Time expected the huge dinosaur to appear after Ye Ci blew a whistle, and he was suddenly uncertain of the situation. After all, Ye Ci was a few levels ahead of him, and pets share the same level as their owner. His Vampire Bat would be at a level disadvantage when it squares off against Ye Ci's dinosaur.

Pets are unlike players. They were data generated by the system. No matter how intelligent or how smart a pet might be, it was still data generated by the system. They were unable to predict their enemy's movement like a human could, and were unable to strategize their fights like a human would. The only thing they're best at doing was to attack, attack and attack.

This will definitely pitch the Vampire Bat against the dinosaur head on. In such a fight, the bat that was a few levels lower would be suppressed and it would definitely place Fleeting Time in a disadvantageous position.

But for some reason, Ye Ci's pet did not appear after she blew the whistle. Fleeting Time of course would not be so dumb as to assume that Ye Ci's pet had ran away. The only logical explanation was that she was unable to summon a gigantic ground type pet in their location.

The time has come.

Despite not really caring about the outcome of their fight, Fleeting Time will never let go of any opportunity that presented itself during the fight. After guessing that Ye Ci was unable to summon her pet, Fleeting Time began giving out commands to his Vampire Bat and directed it against Ye CI.

Time is of the essence. He was unsure if Ye Ci had a flying type pet just like his. The presence of such a pet would nullify his advantage instantaneously.

In truth, Ye Ci did not own any flying-type pets. Ol' Four and Ol' Three that she had not summoned for a long time were the only pets Ye Ci owned. That was why Ye Ci immediately started running as soon as the system notification appeared, heading for narrow spots with high roofs.

As a class with high survivability, Hunters must be confident in their skills and have the ability to adapt to their surroundings in the shortest amount of time in a battle at the countryside. This allows them to locate the best position to avoid any possible danger.