Chapter 128: Exploration Completed

Despite the burden Ye Ci was carrying on her back, she swung the cat claws again and again. Fortunately, Pea Cake was skillful with his work, and the cat claws he produced were sturdy enough. One of them would only be broken after more than a dozen usages. Ye Ci however, remained careful. She avoided using cat claws with lower durability during her climb in order to ensure her safety. Should the cat claw break when she was nearly at the top, she would definitely die.

"Oh God! It's so high! Finley is afraid!" Finley, who had remained quiet, suddenly grumbled. He looked at Ye Ci with a saddened expression, twitching his greenish ears as he said in a sobbing tone, "Oh, Elf, I admit that you're a very great person, can we make a deal?"

"What is it?" Climbing was especially tiring for Ye Ci with Finley on her back. She gasped for air as she swung the cat claws, while simultaneously having to console the burden on her back. Was there anybody suffering as much as her right now?

"If you want to climb on top of that statue, why not let me go back and do it by yourself?" Finley patted Ye Ci's shoulder carefully in an attempt to flatter her.

Ye Ci was utterly confounded. Did he seriously think that she would willingly carry such a burden while scaling a statue? Did he think that she carried him because she liked him? She was forced to do it alright!? Forced to do it!

Noticing that his question went unnoticed, Finley continued to beg in a soft voice, "Dear Elf, I know you're very awesome, you can defeat so many opponents alone. But things like climbing a statue... I don't think I need to participate in this. Let me go..."

Ye Ci was finally fed up with Finley's nonsense, "You have 2 choices. First, shut the hell up. Second, I will drop you down from here."

Finley looked at the altitude they were at and let out a gasp. He covered his eyes with his hands and sobbed, "Finley will not speak again, Finley will not speak again..."

"Shut up."

The world finally quieted down.

A cool breeze blew past just as Finley finally quieted down. Ye Ci suddenly had a feeling that such an extreme sport was actually quite fun. This gave her the drive to carry on to the top.

The time limit to complete the mission grew shorter and shorter. After a brief calculation, Ye Ci realized that she had not gone offline for more than 40 hours. She had attached the nutrient solution to her gaming cabin before going online. Had she not done so, she would have definitely died of starvation and dehydration while playing the game. [Ed note: uhh... obviously author has not researched this... would take at least 3-10 days to die of dehydration...]

At long last, Ye Ci was able to climb to the statue's shoulder. Although it was not overly broad, the statue was just huge enough that his shoulders would of not be a narrow place. Ye Ci knelt on the ground, gasping for air before finally standing up straight, looking for the treasure chest.

Before she could locate the treasure chest, she was deeply stunned by the beautiful scenery.

As a reincarnator, Ye Ci of course knew that the stunning sceneries in Fate were one of its selling points, but she had never been able to experience it first hand. Today however, was different. In a map that only she had access to, in a map so quiet that even her own breath could be heard, all the adventures she'd had seemed trivial.

She set her sight upon the borderless ocean where there reddish gold sun was setting over the horizon, covering the sea in a shade of gold. It was as if the entire world was made of gold. There would be occasions where several seagulls streaked over the surface of the ocean, squawking as they went. The entire scenery was like a great art masterpiece.