Chapter 95: Half-eyed Garrison

Ye Ci immediately felt the pores of her body opening, and the tiny hairs of her body stood straight up as well. All the cells in her body were telling her that danger was approaching.

Ol' Three had obviously detected danger as well. It arched its hind legs and stretched out its forelegs, raising its backside slightly. Ol' Three eyes stared widely at the threat, a low growl emanating from its throat. It was apparent that Ol' Three would attack the moment Ye Ci gave the order.

The assailant stood still, hidden behind the layers of leaves, only exposing one half of its golden eyes that were staring Ye Ci. That's right, it was exactly one and a half, with the other half obstructed by something.

Its eyes were not small at all. Even from the distance that Ye Ci was viewing them, each of them was about the size of a basketball. With a rough estimation, one could guess the actual size of the monster. A thought occurred to Ye Ci to cast an Identify spell on her assailant to gauge its level.

But because her assailant was hidden too well, she could not even select it as a target. Both parties remained still, facing each other.

Although Ye Ci was superior compared to the other players as a reincarnator, she was still a level 29 Huntress. The world in a web game is very different from the world of xianxia or cultivation. A player's strength came from a combination of his or her mechanical skills, abilities and equipment. It was impossible to suddenly gain strength all of a sudden out of sheer force of will.

The rules in a web game were something inflexible. If you're level 29, you would still have the performance of only level 29, no matter how well you play your character. If one wishes to play a level 29 character like a level 30 one, sorry, it was impossible.

In Fate, the max level penalty was set at 20 levels. In other words, a level 29 player could defeat an opponent of up to level 49 with all their means and buffs available to the player, but as soon as the player faced a level 50 opponent, everything the player had would be disregarded. No matter how hard you tried, you would not be able to defeat that opponent. You would not even be able to break its defense.

In situations like this, a player should not expect a sudden surge of strength to defeat his or her opponent like what one would expect in a fantasy or cultivation novel. The only choice a player had was to run away as fast as you could, or suffer the consequences of losing experience points and dropping equipment.

Ye Ci was slightly panicked when she was unable to even target her opponent. Under such circumstances when her opponent was untargetable, there was another reason other than the geographical factor... Her target was too large. Ye Ci roughly calculated the distance between herself and her assailant. She concluded that it was not the time to fight it head on. It was best for her to retreat when their distances were still far apart.

Ye Ci move slightly backwards, appearing as if she had not moved at all, but her body had already shifted for at least 2 yards.

The pupils on the pair of cold golden eyes contracted visibly.

Fate was a virtual reality game claimed to be unprecedented. The game's attention to detail was superb. With the Beast type monsters as example, you could see with your eyes the glossiness of their fur, feel the softness with your very own touch and their pupils will change according to the surroundings.

If Ye Ci remembered correctly, when a Beast type monster's pupils contracted, it was either angry or it was a sign that the monster was going to attack.

Ye Ci did not dare to move. Her enemy was hidden while she was in the open. Acting rashly was not a wise choice.

A shiver-inducing roar emanated from behind the trees. The leaves shuddered and Ye Ci could finally see the face of her enemy.