Chapter 87: Brick

Ye Ci was slightly puzzled.

If she was not mistaken, the voice belonged to Customer Service No. 094, who she hadn't seen for a long time. Wasn't this an event? Shouldn't it be handled by the Marketing Department instead of one of the developers?

Could it be that... Ye Ci couldn't help but think, was he demoted?

Despite No. 094's warning, it was impossible for the clash to stop. The members from both sides were still kicking and shoving at each other. Although Bai Mo and Thousand Sunsets were afraid that something might happen, there was no force in this world that could stop them.

"Gongzi You, Miss Gongzi You, please instruct your guild members to leave, or you'll receive a formal warning from the System." Ye Ci's "beloved' Customer Service No. 094 called out her name after he was ignored by the members of both guilds.

Ye Ci's expression darkened. She gritted her teeth. This Wang Jiangnan... Did he hold a grudge against her? She was just slightly slow when helping him out with the bug, did he really have to call her name out? But she was a player while he was taking control of an NPC, so she was totally powerless against him. Ye Ci could only concede defeat and wait for her chance for revenge.

The members of Upwards Ho! immediately stopped after they heard Ye Ci's name. They retreated to a far corner and began discuss what they heard spiritedly.

"Aiya, aiya, why would the emcee of the competition know our guild leader?"

"Haven't you heard? Our leader is freakin' awesome! She's famous!"

"Yep, yep, those Steel Blooded Battle Spear bastards are lucky this time."

"We'll get'em next time, there are plenty of chances..."

Although they were unclear about what really happened between Ye Ci and Steel Blooded Battle Spear, they'd heard a lot of stories from Timely Rain and Pickled Pepper Phoenix Claw that Ye Ci was treated unfairly back when she was in the guild. They felt angry because of that, and they'd found the perfect opportunity to get back at Steel Blooded Battle Spear today.

Ye Ci's expression darkened even further after listening to the discussions. She did not wish to be famous. Although the things that she had done contributed to her fame, it did not mean that she agree to Wang Jiang Nan's action of announcing her name and making her even more well-known... This... This...

"Go and grab more balls, there's only 3 minutes left until the competition ends." Noticing that they'd wasted a lot of time, Bai Mo was distressed. They were aiming for the reward as the champion of Heavyweight category: A level 5 guild encampment and the Epic tier title. It would be a shame if they got eliminated in the first round.

The guild members knew what was at stake. They immediately kept quiet and focused on grabbing more colored balls.

All the colored balls disappeared after the bell signifying the end of the round rang. The parties returned to their respective flags, and the system began counting the balls collected by each party.

It was a close call. With the difference of 3 balls, Upwards Ho! had managed to be part of the top 10. The guild members let out a collective sigh of relief. It was just too close. But what was even more embarrassing was that... The first 3 spots of the Dragon Dance competition were held by foreign guilds...

Players from the 3 other continents immediately 'congratulated' the players of the Eastern Continent.

"We of the Five Millennium guild wish to express our deepest condolences and greatest disdain to the Chinese players in the Eastern Continent in the stead of all the Chinese players in the Western Continent."