Chapter 77: A City under Siege

The devs are too lazy. This was literally a plot right out of a wuxia novel! Making sure that she was not hurt, Ye Ci stood up. The only remaining skeleton with her, the Skeleton Guardian, stood up as well.

The space was not big. There was a huge throne in front of Ye Ci, and on that throne sat a gigantic skeleton. It appeared dead; there were no signs of it coming to life. Ye Ci's gaze roamed around the skeleton's body, and stopped at a box sitting on its lap.

If her assumption was correct, it contained the Eral Gem shard that she was looking for.

Without a moment of hesitation, Ye Ci bounded for the box. As she opened it, she saw a multicolored gem. She scooped the gem out of the box, but before she could put it into her inventory, something had grabbed hold of her arm.

It was the hand of the giant skeleton. The giant skeleton's eyes glistened with a red light as it stared at Ye Ci, and a name appeared on top of his head: Nameless Zealot. His stats and level were all represented by question marks.

It meant that the skeleton was at least 20 levels higher than Ye Ci.

The skeleton said in an eerie voice, "Elf, unhand the gem. If you let go of that gem with your sinful hand, I shall let you leave this place alive." An undeniable pressure was exerted upon Ye Ci, nearly suffocating her.

It was the aura of a high-level BOSS. Players affected by the aura would feel a certain degree of pressure exerted upon their bodies. The pets or minions summoned by players would also be affected by a debuff that would make them shudder, reducing their movement speed and attack.

But, would Ye Ci let go of that shard? Ye Ci laughed and sneered at the Nameless Zealot. She would be an idiot to let go of that Eral Gem shard. She looked at the Skeleton Guardian. It was shuddering, affected by the aura of the gigantic skeleton as well. Ye Ci commanded the Skeleton Guardian to attack the Nameless Zealot.

Although the Skeleton Guardian was terrified, it had to act in the face of a command from its master. It charged at the Nameless Zealot, raised its sword with a trembling hand, and brought it down on the hand that was grabbing on to Ye Ci.

"Foolish ant, you attack me because of a lowly Elf?" The Nameless Zealot immediately let go of Ye Ci and shifted its attention to the Skeleton Guardian. Ye Ci took the opportunity to put the Eral Gem shard into her pocket and took out a City Recalling Stone.

"You're not allowed to use the item in this place." Ye Ci's attempt to leave however, was met with the cold voice of a system notification.

If she couldn't recall to a city, there were only 2 ways of leaving the place. Kill the big guy, or get killed by it. Truth to be told, Ye Ci did not wish to try either one of those options. As she directed the Skeleton Guardian to fight against the Nameless Zealot, Ye Ci studied her surroundings, looking for a way out.

Because of its sheer size, the Nameless Zealot was very slow. Despite having powerful attacks, they could be easily dodged.

The Nameless Zealot was thoroughly enraged when the Skeleton Guardian dodged its attacks under Ye Ci's direction. It raised its hand and roared. The roar formed into a shockwave and dealt damage to Ye Ci. She immediately drank a Large Health Potion to prevent herself from being killed. The sound wave attack did not affect the Skeleton Guardian though, as it had absolutely no hearing. It resumed its attacks on the Nameless Zealot.

"I've held back, thinking that you're my comrade. But you did not repent. You shall share the same fate with this shameless Elf." The Nameless Zealot swung its hand at the Skeleton Guardian.

The Nameless Zealots hand was able to stretch and retract at will. With that mighty swing, it smashed the Skeleton Guardian into the wall. The ground began to tremble. Had Ye Ci not held onto a protruding rock, she would've lost her balance.