Chapter 34: Flutter n' Sway

Reason number one, Yi Cang found it hard to suppress her own joy out of excitement. Number two, she couldn't really afford to miss the activity organized by the guild master since she was still in the Steel-Blooded Battle Spear guild. Third and most importantly, she wanted to know what kind of trickery Thousand Sunsets was trying to pull off.

However, Ye Ci didn't really get to interact much with Thousand Sunsets the next day. Both of them had only met with each other at the specified restaurant.

He Xiao looked like he was in a hurry, but he still wore a friendly smile on his face upon seeing Ye Ci. "Oh it's you, Gongzi. Hurry and go upstairs, they are all in the big private room on the third floor. I'll excuse myself for awhile since I have some business to attend to, but I'll be back soon."

As soon as he finished his sentence, he let the smiling man who had escorted him down earlier to bring Ye Ci upstairs at once. He then briskly walked towards a luxury car that was parked at the roadside, opened the door, got in, and pulled away.

Ye Ci took a glance at that car. Although she couldn't really accurately estimate its price value, she could easily tell that it was worth at least a few million just from its brand.

"Let's head up." the man beside her reminded Ye Ci with a smile.

Ye Ci gave him a nod and followed behind him as they walked upstairs.

This man introduced himself with a smile. "I'm Zero Arsenic, the vice guild master."

The moment Ye Ci heard the name Zero Arsenic, she couldn't help but to take another few good look at this man. So he was Zero Arsenic.

Although guild master of the Steel-Blooded Battle Spear guild was Thousand Sunsets, according to the experience of the previous generation, this man was the guild's true mastermind.

"How do you do?" Ye Ci nodded as she gave a greeting that was neither humble nor pert. She didn't show much enthusiasm either.

This was somewhat a surprise to Zero Arsenic. Most members were enthusiastic to meet him, but this person was quite unusual.

"You are Gongzi You, right?" Ye Ci wasn't much of a conversationalist and Zero Arsenic didn't want the atmosphere to turn awkward either. Hence, he took the initiative to converse with her as they climbed the stairs.

"Yes."

"The first time I saw that name, I thought you would be a guy." Zero Arsenic's gaze never once left Ye Ci's face when he was speaking, wanting to catch any trace of emotions on her face. But much to his disappointment, the expression on Ye Ci's face remained placid. There was neither excitement nor the intention to converse further. Even her replies to him were dull and a little inarticulate.

"It was randomized by the system."

The invitation today to Ye Ci was not Thousand Sunsets' idea, but Zero Arsenic's.

Her name, Gongzi You, was in two First Kills and she had caught Zero Arsenic's attention. Although Peacock Blue was a hundred percent sure that the GS of this equipment was only 85, the Icy Cave was cleared because of a good team. However, something still felt off to him.

After she had once again claimed the First Kill of the Cruel Pit Boss: Warden Tito, Zero Arsenic immediately contacted Timely Rain and Pickled Pepper Chicken Feet who had just exited the dungeon. The two of them were immediately singing praises of this huntress' control and command, as if it had been raining flowers. It was nothing like what Peacock Blue had said.

This had greatly piqued Zero Arsenic's interest in Gongzi You.

As the proverb says: Money can make the devil push the millstone.