Chapter 16: Thousand Sunsets

The voice was familiar. It was so familiar yet Ye Ci could not be sure who it belonged to.

"What? We've just talked in the game, and you've forgotten about me already? It seems that I have to call you more often." Said the person in a cheerful tone.

"Yi Cang?" asked Ye Ci with uncertainty after a brief hesitation.

"I thought you'd forgotten me." Yi Cang laughed out loud. It was just like so many years ago. Nothing had changed.

Ye Ci had a sense of vertigo.

It was as if she had never experience the ten years of her past life, never had done anything to hurt her friends. They were still an adorable bunch.

"Let's have a meal together tomorrow." Yi Cang stated his purpose after noticing that Ye Ci was silent.

Ye Ci had a sudden realisation. She remembered something. Yi Cang had also given her a call in her past life. However, she rejected his invitation as she had been busy leveling up in the game.

She would never repeat the same mistake in this life. "Sure, where to?"

"Eh? You agreed!" It was Yi Cang's turn to be shocked.

"What? Is it strange that I've accepted your invitation?"

"No, it's just that you're a madman when it comes to leveling up. I thought you'd decline my invitation if I asked you out for a meal." Yi Cang answered after scratching his head. He understood Ye Ci less than he had thought.

Ye Ci felt bitter. Looks like she was quite despicable in her last life. But she immediately became happy. She had the chance to turn over a new leaf. "There's no such thing. Tell me where and when and I'll be there in time."

Yi Cang immediately told her the venue and both of them hung up after a brief conversation.

Early in the morning on the next day, Ye Ci went out after cleaning her room.

The city was named as the "City Most Suited For Human Life" due to its go green projects. Ye Ci could smell the fresh air right after leaving her room.

Ye Ci took a deep breath and exhaled, as if she wanted to eliminate the years of accumulated sorrow.

Ye Ci decided to walk to their gathering spot as it was still early. She was jovial for the entire entire journey to the point where she even broke into a small jog.

Although she was slightly out of breath, it felt good to be alive.

Ye Ci spotted Liu Chang right away after reaching the spot where they were supposed to meet up. She had been pacing back and forth in a pair of jeans in front of the restaurant. Liu Cang waved at Ye Ci and she ran towards her, gasping for air.

"What? You participated in a marathon or something?" Liu Chang laughed at Ye Ci and dragged her upstairs.

Yi Cang and Dong Yin were already there.

They were still the same. Yi Cang was busy with his handheld computer while Dong Yin was peering at the screen from his side. They would sometimes have a heated discussion about something. Both of them raised their head after Ye Ci entered the room and they waved at her, greeting her warmly. It was all the same, just like back then in their childhood.

A waiter handed them the menu right after they were seated.

After shirking the menu around, it landed with Ye Ci. She was stunned. Truth to be told, Ye Ci never knew the favourite dishes of her friends. She should have known them well since they grew up together. Ye Ci was overwhelmed with guilt. She knew very little about the people around her.