Chapter 9: Old Friends

Ye Ci suppressed a laugh and nodded, "Yes yes yes, big sister Clingy Wolf."

No matter how she looked at it, the name was rather comical...but she would never say it out loud, not ever.

"Oh yes, I've just found out that Dong Yin and Yi Cang are playing this game as well...." Liu Chang changed the topic abruptly.

Ye Ci was lost for words.

The four of them grew up together.

They went to school together, came home together, sat for exams together, received their results together, got beaten up by their parents together, even their birthdays were celebrated together. In spite of everything, people change. Ye Ci became lonelier and lonelier as she grew up. Since when had her happy years started to change?

Was the change brought about by herself?

Ye Ci couldn't even muster the courage to remember how badly she had hurt Dong Yin and Yi Cang in her past life. She trembled after their names were mentioned by Liu Chang, a searing pain spreading across her chest.

"Little Ci, Little Ci, what happened to you?" Liu Chang raised her voice after receiving no response from Ye Ci. It pulled her back into reality.

"Nothing, I'm listening." Ye Ci hid her absent-mindedness with a smile.

She was reborn. She was given the chance to make amends, to save her relationship with Dong Yin and Yi Cang.

Liu Chang continued yapping away for quite some time and finally hung up the call after they exchanged their in-game IDs. Of course, Liu Chang laughed at Ye Ci's "neutral" name.

Ye Ci laid there on the bed, unable to sleep well. Images of her childhood flooded her mind. She didn't have much of the memories after she had grown up. She couldn't even remember the things she had done in those 10 years of her previous life. She could only vaguely remember making a lot of mistakes, and now was the time to rectify them.

Although she restlessly slept, Ye Ci woke up at 7 in the morning due to her circadian clock.

After washing her face, Ye Ci entered the game again.

Before she could enter the game, there was a new patch to be installed. It was a newly added ranking system. There was an option, "Do you want your ID to be listed in the rankings?"

Ye Ci declined. This time, she intended to lay low.

She could see the rankings right after logging into the game. In Ye Ci's memory, the ranking system was also released on the second day of Fate. Her rebirth did not cause much of a butterfly effect to the world.

Ye Ci hesitated for a moment before clicking on the rankings.

She was curious to see if the people she knew in her previous life would be listed.

Even if they were her adversaries, even if the only thing she could remember about them were their names, even if they were her friends... Perhaps she had no friends at all back then.

Fate was very pragmatic when it came to the ranking system. It ranked only 5 simple factors that were able to directly represent a player's strength.

Level, Wealth, Equipment, Quest Completion, and Karma.

There was also a Guild Ranking right below the Personal Ranking. The guilds were ranked by their Wealth, Equipment, Quest Completion, and Karma.

The Guild Ranking was empty, as no Guilds that were recognized by the system had been formed yet.

Only the names of the top 20 players of each category would be showed on the ranking board. Ye Ci could only search for familiar names from the 100 names that were listed.