Chapter 127: Land of Dau'er

The grappling hook firmly latched onto the side of the ship with a clank. Ye Ci pulled on the hemp rope in her hands a few times, and determined that the rope was taut enough. She then climbed onto the rope, intending to cross the water just like that. Hanging from the rope, she spoke to Finley who remained on the shore: "Hurry up and get on, we'll cross together."

"No! Finley will absolutely not do something so dangerous." This NPC chose an excellent time to be stubborn and rejected Ye Ci shrilly. Ye Ci peered down. No wonder he would cry out, the height from the rope to the water was considerably far. Anyone with acrophobia would feel dizzy, much less Finley who was afraid of both water and heights.

Alright then, for the sake of completing the quest as well as obtaining the remaining two chests, Ye Ci would be extremely patient, extremely loving and extremely kind as she made a compromise. Returning to shore once again, she squatted down and patted her shoulders. Finley did not dawdle and immediately got on.

Goddamn, Finley did not have a large build, but he certainly was not light. As Ye Ci carried Finley on her shoulders, she immediately received a notification: "You are over-encumbered, movement speed will be decreased by 30%."

As expected, when she moved her footwork has slowed down significantly. Fortunately, it was fine even if they proceeded slowly. Methodically getting back onto the rope, she slowly inched along the rope. Looking from afar, she looked just like an insect that continued to crawl forward. However, midway across the rope, Finley gave a loud cry: "Aiya, my arms are tired."

And then, Ye Ci looked on with wide eyes as Finley simply just let go and fell into the water below with a splash.

"Quest Failed. Please receive the quest once more and try again." The system notification immediately sounded out in declaration of Ye Ci's hilarious waste of effort.

Ye Ci was stunned. She promptly let go of the rope and fell into the water. Finley was no longer in the water, but had already returned to his home. What the hell was this?

Ye Ci swam ashore and sprinted towards Finley's house. This time she did not have to go through all of the earlier nonsense. Instead, she immediately went to find Finley and walked out with him after accepting the quest. There were no monsters encountered along the way, so they reached the shore extremely quickly.

Tying the hemp rope to the grappling hook and fastening it to the side of the ship once more, Ye Ci found a thinner rope which she used to securely tie Finley onto her back before getting on the rope. This time however, Ye Ci only had her luck to blame, she had made her way past the halfway mark when the spot where the grappling hook was fastened to had loosened. Ye Ci and Finley, who was tied to her back, fell into the water with a splash once more. Another quest failure.

Having experienced two quest failures, when Ye Ci stepped onto the harbor, she inspected every single detail carefully. From the tight knot, all the way to making sure that Finley didn't pull a fast one on her. Only after everything had been thoroughly checked did she get on the rope once more. After an arduous journey, she finally made it across onto the deck of the ship. Sailors were bustling about on the deck. Upon seeing Ye Ci's arrival, everyone promptly stopped whatever they were doing and came forward to greet her fully armed.

Now that Finley was on her back and Ye Ci was unable to release him in time, her movement speed was pitifully slow. She had no choice but to summon Ol' Four and use it to shield herself from the flurry of kicks and punches from the oncoming sailors. Ye Ci on the other hand, had no choice but to stand behind Ol' Four and become a standing turret. Fortunately, Ye Ci was sticking close to the side of the ship. In this situation, at least her back was safe from enemy attacks and she only needed to deal with the sailors before her in a frontal battle.