Chapter 38: A Rigged Quest

Ye Ci issued out another trade. She selected the Resurrection skill book on top and then pressed down to confirm deal.

Fruit Jelly turned around a little angrily, "I said I don't have the money..."

"It's for you." Ye Ci said quietly as she gazed at Fruit Jelly's slightly angry face.

"Eh? "Fruit Jelly froze there immediately without finishing her words. She stared wide-eyed at the huntress in front of her and then picked her ears. She laughed in disbelief: "Did I hear you wrongly?"

"No, I said I will give you this book as a gift." Ye Ci smiled.

"Why?" Fruit Jelly was surprised to the extent that she couldn't speak, "This is the Resurrection skill book, its value is..."

"I know, I check the auction house every day. I know better than you." Ye Ci stopped Fruit Jelly's words by mentioning it casually.

"Then why would you give it to me?"

"Why?" Ye Ci lifted her head and thought about it for a while. She obviously couldn't tell her that she would become a famous Cleric with top-notch controls and mana conservation in the future, so she wanted to befriend her. "I find you pleasing to my eyes, I feel like you are the type I can interact deeply with." Ye Ci said after thinking for a while.

This answer made Fruit Jelly's forehead crease. She was given the Resurrection skill book just because she looked pleasing to Ye Ci's eyes. Just because Ye Ci thought that she could interact deeply with her?

Is there something wrong with this person or do they just have too much money? Although it was suspicious, Fruit Jelly had to say that she admired Ye Ci's personality. She hesitated for a while, "I might delete my account."

"Then just assume that this book will go to waste." Ye Ci looked like she didn't care at all. She didn't believe that Fruit Jelly will delete her account after learning the Resurrection skill book.

"I don't have anything to trade with it, nor do I have money..."

"I said before, I find you pleasing to my eyes, I want to befriend with you." Ye Ci repeated.

Fruit Jelly looked towards the book and hesitated for a while. At last, she bit her lips and agreed to the deal. Then she immediately sent out a friends request to Ye Ci.

Ye Ci accepted the request and added her.

Fruit Jelly stared blankly at Ye Ci's name, "You are Gongzi You?"

Ye Ci scratched her head. She didn't think that they had interacted before so why did she have a strange 'oh, so it's you?' face? "Yes I am, so?" said Ye Ci.

Fruit Jelly seemingly dropped all her previous precautions and enthusiastically looked at Ye Ci's eyes, "Your controls are so impressive. I go to the forums everyday to see your explanatory post. Even though I am a Cleric, I still learnt a lot of things!"

What post? Ye Ci was confused, she was busy crafting arrows lately and the practice life skills were never posted on the forum. What is she talking about?

Fruit Jelly was a very talkative person once she got close to someone. She chatted with Ye Ci for a while. Fruit Jelly trusted Ye Ci more than before and was also more grateful, "Gongzi! Even though I'm not very good at playing games but just call me if you have anything that needs my help in the future!"

This was obviously what Ye Ci wanted the most. They said a few words to each other before parting to do their own things.

Although the Resurrection skill book was given away, resulting less income but making friends with Fruit Jelly, the future top ranked Cleric, was worth it.