Chapter 166

Chapter 166 Western Continent's Surprise Attack

That thing? Ye Ci was momentarily stunned before realizing what Night And Day had meant. She did not intend to tell him anything. After all, an outsider like her should avoid meddling too much in such an affair. If not, she ran the risk of causing trouble for herself while not benefitting from it.

Hence, Ye Ci who claimed to be part-genius began to play dumb, "What thing?"

Night And Day studied Gongzi You silently. Her pale face betrayed no emotion, as if she was a mass-produced toy from a factory. There was no happiness nor was there sorrow on her face. It was impossible to discern what she was truly thinking. Night And Day felt helpless. It would be difficult for him to repeat himself again. He was but a human, and was unable to speak of something of this nature without a hint of emotion.

He gulped down another mouthful of wine. Fate is such a well-designed game. Even the hint of acrid taste in the wine felt real. In that moment, the taste lingered right at the tip of his tongue, no matter how hard he tried to wash it away.

However, there were times when curiosity and doubts could overpower one's sense of shame. Night And Day looked at Gongzi You and said in a low voice, "Do you remember the thing you said to me when you told me to retreat."

"Ahhh?" Ye Ci replied nonchalantly.

Night And Day went straight to the point when Ye Ci continuously refused to disclose any bit of information, "You told me that my backyard was on fire. What did you mean by that?"

What do you mean by that? Ye Ci would never bring herself to believe that Night And Day had not a single clue at all at this point. He must've known something all along, but he lacked the courage to voice it out, or even the courage to bring himself to admit the truth. He was looking for a strong reason to force himself to believe the truth, and Ye Ci's words were exactly what he needed.

But, Ye Ci was not one to meddle in arduous and thankless affairs that would not benefit herself. She replied with an indifferent tone, "There are things that you should not be so curious about."

Her voice was low and soft, and Night And Day could only vaguely hear her words. He immediately asked out loud, "What did you say?"

Ye Ci turned around and stared at Night And Day with a smile lighting up her face, "What did I say? I said nothing."

Night And Day grimaced. He believed that Ye Ci's behavior was a sign that his assumptions were correct. Ever since that day Gongzi You told him that his backyard was on fire, he was able to make sense of certain things that were off.

Why had he always felt that the way Wandering Cloud and Into the Sunset were talking to each other was quite weird? Why had he always felt that the indifference Into the Sunset had towards Wandering Cloud was weird? He did not think, or was rather too afraid to think about the answer to his questions. He had always felt that Glistening Snow and Wandering Cloud were a couple. That was why such a thing between Wandering Cloud and Into the Sunset did not occur to him. Or perhaps he was indeed the victor in his competition with Wandering Cloud. He was the one who would be walking into a church with Into the Sunset.

He held on to such a belief, but there was still a sliver of doubt in his heart. However, his unyielding belief was quick to suppress such doubt, until Gongzi You pointed the matter out to him. So even an outsider like her could see it so clearly? Or perhaps she knew something about this?

Night And Day's faith was shattered completely. The strong castle of confidence that he had been building up crumbled just like that. Despite appearing strong on the outside, Night And Day's heart was in turmoil. That was why he gave up on everything, including guild affairs, and spent his time leveling up in such a secluded place.