Spa - Lando Norris

This one is requested by @archivebooks sorry it took so long. I hope you like it :)

🏎

This weekend was Lando his second home race. Being from Belgium, it always felt special coming to Spa. This year was no different. You, his girlfriend, was with him for the weekend and you looked forward to it. The first day it rained quite a bit, and during qualifying, it rained even more. You felt sorry for all the fans who were sitting in the grandstands. Today was race day, and the weather wouldn't be any better. You felt anxious. Lando had an accident yesterday in Eu Rouge because of the bad weather. He didn't sleep very well because his arm was bothering him quite a bit.

You and Lando walked over to the garage, hugged under one umbrella. Jon had the other one.

"Is the race even going to go ahead as planned?" Lando asks Jon.

"For now, it is. The safety car is out doing some laps right now."

"It looks even worse than yesterday," you say. The three of you enter the garage and look at the monitors. The safety car was out on the track, but there was so much spray and that from one car. Imagine if there were 20.

"Okay, so this is the situation right now," Will, Lando, his race engineer, says, getting all of your attention. "We're going to start from the pitlane in race positions. The safety car will be out front because we need to know your opinion on the weather."

"I can tell you right now; we won't see anything. I don't even know why they bother," Lando sighed. But he pulled away with Jon to get ready.

You looked at him from a distance, not wanting to bother him. You thought it was a little weird that they would go out in the weather like this. If you were in a road car, the view would be bad. Imagine doing it at 300km/h.

Lando got in his car and was off. You got a headset so you could listen to what Lando was saying on the radio.

You stood in front of the screens, looking at the cars. They were out on the track, and you could tell it was terrible from Lando's onboard.

"We can't race like this. It's too dangerous," Lando says.

"Max just says it's fine," Will says.

"Yeah, because he doesn't have anyone in front of him. How many laps are we doing?"

"Two. Be careful."

"Copy."

After two laps, the cars get back into the garage.

"The race is postponed with 15 minutes. After 10 minutes, they'll review the situation again until we can race or they decide not to race," Will informs Lando as soon as he's out of the car. They go over some things as you turn to Jon.

"What is the chance that the race is going to get cancelled because of the weather?"

"Right now, I'd say 60%. They don't want to cancel it, so they'll try to find anything so we can race. We have three hours to race. If they want, we can wait for over two hours before we race."

"What happens in the time we wait?"

"We try to keep ourselves busy, with whatever it is."

Lando takes a seat against one of the walls. He looks at you with a slight smile on his face. You walk over to him and sit on the other chair.

"And now we wait," he says.

It has been half an hour of waiting. You've seen some footage of Mick and Seb playing football, Carlos and Charles were playing on their phones, and even the marshals were playing some game. Lando, on the other hand, fell asleep. His head is resting against your shoulder, and right now, the moment is perfect for you.

"How did he sleep last night?" Jon quietly asks.

"Not that good. He was quite restless."

"We'll let him sleep. There probably isn't going to be a race anyway."

You slightly nodded.

Jon walked away, and right at that moment, you and Lando appeared on one of the screens in the garage. Now the whole world has seen Lando asleep on your shoulder. You still couldn't help but smile. It was cute to see.

After waiting for some time, you don't even remember how long it was, the cars did another two laps. Since the rain was still bad, the decision was made to finish the race, making it the shortest race in history. Max was P1, George P2 and Lewis P3. Lando had a brief talk with the team, and then they called it a day. Being back at the hotel, Lando took a shower, and the two of you went to bed to watch movies and eat dinner from the comfort of your bed.