Act like you love me - George Russell

It was the annual event for your family. Your whole family came over to have dinner and chat about everything that has been going on for the year. But not only family came. There was business people and somehow your dad invited your ex, because it would be "great to see him again". You watched from a distance as you saw you your dad talked to your ex. He had no idea what he did to you, because if he did, your ex wouldn't be here. Your invited your best friend, George Russell, but he wasn't here yet. You stood near the door, waiting for him while you kept an eye on your ex.

Finally George arrived.

'Hello,' he greeted you with a big smile.

'Hi,' you said and hugged him. 'Please, act like you're in love with me. Just for tonight.'

'Why?' George whispered as you were still hugging.

'Because my ex is here.' George let go of you and looked through the crowd. He tensed up when he saw your ex. George knew what he did to you and even if it was months ago, he was still pissed at him and he could beat him up if he wanted too.

'What about your parents?' George looked at you.

'We'll just have to convince them,' you said and kissed his cheek. George took your hand as the two of you walked over to your dad.

'George! Good to see you!' he said as soon as he spotted you and George.

'Yeah, it's good to be here,' George said as he shook your dads hand.

'And who is this?' your ex asked.

'This is George, my boyfriend,' you said to him.

Your dad started to laugh.

'What's funny about that?' you asked him.

'You and George as a couple,' he laughed.

You stood perplex. You didn't expect him to react like this. George laid his hand on your cheek, before you kissed you, right in front of your dad. You heard that your dad stopped laughing. Everything around you just disappeared. George pulled you closer to him as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

George pulled back and looked at you with a smile. You checks were flaming hot. He really just did that.

'Well, I wouldn't be happier for the two of you,' your dad awkwardly said and walked away.

Your ex checked you out, before walking off too.

You smiled. 'That was... really good.' You didn't expect that to happen at all and the fact that it felt so good...

'I wasn't pretending.'

You looked at George in shock.

'I like you, a lot Y/N.'

Without saying anything, you pressed your lips to his again. The horrible evening just got a whole lot better.