Crash - Pierre Gasly

It was a beautiful day in Monza today and your boyfriend Pierre Gasly was ready to race. Today was one of the weekends that you were able to travel with him and like always it was so much fun. You got some time to spend together in the evenings and got to see a little bit of the city.

'Show them what you can do,' you told Pierre before he put on his helmet. He started on the 4th position, which was amazing, to begin with, but all Pierre wanted to do now was to get on that podium.

'I'll do it for you,' he said and kissed you.

After he pulled back, he put on his helmet. He got in his car and went to the grid.

Pierre had a pretty good start. He maintained to stay 4th until the 20th lap, where he got overtaken by Daniel Ricciardo. But then Bottas car stopped, and Pierre was back in 4th. He was close to Ricciardo and tried to overtake him, and that's where it went wrong.

The car crashed into the barrier. The front of the car got the most damage. The car spun on the gravel and then the car came to a halt. The helicopter that had filmed the whole crash still had the camera on the car. Pierre wasn't moving. He didn't get out of the car. He didn't look around.

'Pierre, can you hear me?' you heard his engineer say. 'Can you give me any sign that you copy? Just a hum is okay.'

There came no reaction.

Everybody was silent.

You stared at the screen. He wasn't far away from here. You put down your headphones and walked away from the screen.

'Y/N, where are you going?' you heard Pyry ask, but you didn't react to him.

All you needed to do right now was be with Pierre. You didn't care that you had to walk between cars that were going 300 kilometres an hour. All you needed was to be with Pierre right now.

'Y/N!' Pyry pulled you back as the first cars came into the pitlane.

'Let me go!' you yelled and started to fight against Pyry his grip. 'I need to go to Pierre!'

'No, I'm not letting you go. It isn't safe.'

'I don't care! He is hurt, and I need to be with him!'

'You can't!'

The tears started to stream down your face, and you collapsed against Pyry, crying your heart out.

'I just need to be with him,' you cried out.

'Y/N!'

You looked up and saw Charles making his over to you. You got out of Pyry his grip and made your way over to Charles. You wrapped your arms around his neck.

'Do they know how he's doing?' Charles asked.

'I don't know,' you sniffed. You let go of Charles and looked at him. 'I can't lose him,' you mumbled.

'You're not going to. He's going to be fine, alright. He has to be,' Charles said. He couldn't lose somebody else. He already had so many losses in his life. He didn't want to add another friend to the list.

The next few minutes felt like hours. Nobody could see anything about the car on the tv screens. They decided to show some shots of the surroundings, and there was no talking. You were biting your nails and anxiously waiting for an answer on how your boyfriend was doing. You really wanted to hope for the best, but the longer that you needed to wait, the more that your hope faded away.

'I have news!' you suddenly heard.

You and Charles made your way to the rest of the crew. Everybody wanted to know how Pierre was doing.

Team principal Franz Tost stood in the middle of the crowd. 'He was unconscious when they got him out of the car. He was breathing, but he seemed to have some trouble with it. They brought him to the hospital for further examination. They don't know what the damage is yet,' Tost told everyone.

A sigh of relieve left your lips. At least he was alive.

'The race has been cancelled and will not be continued. Y/N, Pyry, you can ride along with me to the hospital,' Tost continued. Then his eyes fell on Charles. 'You can come along too if you want.'

'Yes, please.'

'Alright. Let's get going.'

Hen you arrived at the hospital, it all felt more real. It wasn't a movie that you were watching. It was real life. Your boyfriend was now fighting for his life. And the fact that you still didn't know how he was doing sucked. You sat down at in the waiting room, while you waited for any good news to come.

It was getting late, and you still had no news. The only thing that you knew was that he was still alive, but you had no idea how bad his injuries were. Then finally, a doctor came to talk to you.

'Pierre is doing okay, better then we expected given how big the impact on the car was. Pierre has been conscious and complained about some pain in his neck and head. His scans came back clear, so it's only a concussion. He has a few bruised ribs, but the biggest injury is on his leg. A piece of metal got stuck in his foot, which he had removed. He's in recovery now, and he'll be alright. I will take him some time and psychical therapy before he can get back in the car. It's going to take some time, but he'll be okay,' the doctor told you.

'Can we see him?' you asked.

'Of course. Two people can see him at the time. Who wants to go first?'

'You kids go ahead,' Pyry said to you and Charles.

You two followed the doctor to Pierre his room.

'Don't talk about the accident too much. Keep it light. A nurse will come to pick you up in around 15 minutes,' the doctor said and walked away.

'You go in first. I'll wait here for a bit,' Charles said.

You nodded and slowly made your way inside the room.

'Hey,' you said and looked at Pierre. He was connected to several monitors and had wires all over his bed.

'Hey,' he mumbled.

You sat down on the chair next to his bed and fought against the tears that burned in your eyes. You gently grabbed his hand and planted a kiss on it. You just said in silence for a moment, not knowing what to say.

'I love you,' you then croaked out. 'I love you so much,' you sniffed and blinked away the tears. You wanted to be strong for him.

'I love you too,' Pierre mumbled.

You could see that he was tired and in pain. 'You can go to sleep. I'm not going anywhere,' you said and carefully went with your hand through his head.

His eyes closed, and he drifted to sleep. The tears slid down your checks. He was going to be okay.