Playing - Lando Norris

You sat in front of the McLaren motorhome with the guitar in your hands. Lando had been busy with interviews all day, so you were just waiting for him to come back. You had this melody stuck in your head all day, and you knew you had to write it down before you would forget it. It was a slow, loving melody, almost magical. You could hear it all day, and you still wouldn't get tired of it. Travelling with your boyfriend, Lando, you took your guitar with you too. You got so inspired by all the new places you saw. You had written tons of songs ever since you came along with him.

Lando looked at you from a distance. You had no idea that he was watching you. He loved watching you play the guitar. You were in your own world when you were playing, and he loved it. He loved watching you playing all these melodies that you thought of yourself. Sometimes you would quietly sing along some lyrics you thought of.

Lando walked a little closer to hear what you were playing. The paddock was quite loud, so it was hard for Lando to listen to what you were playing, but once he heard it, he was in awe. It sounded so lovely.

'She has talent,' Carlos said, who was standing next to Lando.

'She does. She's amazing,' Lando mumbled.

'Has she ever thought of doing something with it?' Jon asked who was standing on the other side of Lando. More people from McLaren joined to look at you from a distance. None of them wanted to disturb you and stop you from playing.

'She has a song up on Soundcloud, and she posts some things on Instagram, but that's it. She always said that he doesn't like being in the spotlight,' Lando explained to Jon.

You and Lando had a conversation about it once. He suggested that you put up a song on YouTube, see where it goes. But you were terrified to do that. Everybody would have an opinion about it, and you didn't like that. You just wanted to keep those things to yourself, and your close friends and family. Lando respected that, and if he filmed you and wanted to post it, he never did that without your permission.

'I can listen to it all day,' Helen said.

'Me too.'

'But it's a shame you have a meeting in half an hour,' Helen said.

'Yeah,' Lando mumbled.

The whole group of people walked towards you.

You looked up as you saw people approaching. Lando, Carlos, and some other of the team made his way over to you. 'You're back already!' you said surprised.

Lando kissed you before sitting down in front of you. 'We've been gone for almost two hours,' he chuckled.

'Really? Damn. Times really flies by.'

'You should do something with that Y/N. It sounded beautiful,' Carlos said.

You blushed but smiled. 'Thanks, Carlos. I don't know if I ever will, but it's good to hear that you like it.'

'Do you write songs too, as in with lyrics?' Jon asked.

'Sometimes, but they're not that good.'

'Can you play us something?' Jon asked as he and Carlos said down.

'I don't... I don't know...' This was what you were so afraid of. You didn't like the opinion of others, not when it came down to your music. You wanted to keep this in your own bubble, but you didn't want to disappoint them. You took a deep breath and started to play a song.

'When you hear the birds, Know it's me just saying hello, From the clouds, I won't be coming down, My little dancer, This isn't the end, 'Cause I'll still be in the sky, As my little dancer's girlfriend. So come and grab my hand, And we can do a dance while we still have the chance,' you sang. The more you played, the more confident you came. You threw in some high notes and when you finished the song, a whole lot of people where watching. You looked at them in shock. None of them seemed to dislike the music. You looked at Lando with a big smile on your face.

Lando looked at you proudly. Never had you played in public like this before, and the fact that people were clapping for you made it even better. He was so proud of you.

'Y/N, this is amazing! Play us more!' Carlos said.

'She can't. You have to eat, and then you have the meeting,' Charlotte said.

'I can play later if there is time,' you said.

'Yes! And you should do something with this because you're talented Y/N. This was perfect!' Carlos said before he left. Some more people complimented you before leaving you and Lando alone.

'I told you that you were good,' Lando said.

'I know, but whenever family of friends said it, I always thought they were just being nice and not wanting to hurt my feelings or something.'

'You're good, Y/N. Really good,' Lando said. He said some other things, but you didn't hear it. Your attention went to your phone, which was suddenly blowing up. What the hell... you saw that Carlos had tagged you in a story. It was a story of you playing the guitar and singing. You got so many DM's from people that they liked your song, that they couldn't wait to hear more, and that they asked where they could listen to it. And you already had a thousand more followers.

'What the hell,' you mumbled.

'What is it?' Lando asked.

'Carlos tagged me in a story, and my phone is blowing up. People actually liked the song,' you said.

Lando started to laugh. 'I told you so! Now you only need to post more songs. You have potential Y/N, now go share your passion with the world.'

'This is insane,' you mumbled as you were totally overwhelmed with everything that was being said.

'As soon as we get home, we're going to buy a good camera and a microphone so that you can put this stuff on YouTube,' Lando said.

'Hell yeah, we are,' you smiled. You couldn't wait to share your music. It was nerve-wracking already, but so excited. Who knows what the future holds for you.

[Song used - My little Dancer by Fin Argus. None of the rights are mine. Go listen to that song if you can, it's beautiful!]