Scared - Max Verstappen

Hey all! I wanted to let you know that I made a bookstagram account, booksreadbyanne. If you want to follow it, it would mean a lot to me!
I hope you like this chapter!

It was another night for you with your friends. You were watching movies, drinking wine and talking about guys. You were the only one who had a steady relationship for the past two years. You and your boyfriend Max Verstappen were officially for two years and were on and off dating for the year before that, so you've almost been together for three years. At first, you were having a hard time accepting that he was away so much. Being a Formula One driver meant that he travelling all over the world to drive fast cars. But you loved Max, and you learned to live with the fact that he wasn't home a lot. At first, it was hard, but over time that got better.

'You and Max still happy?' one of your friends asked.

'Yeah,' you smiled. 'A few more races and he has his winter break, so we-.' You got interrupted by your phone that started to ring.

'I thought we said phones off y/N,' another friend complained.

'My sound was off,' you said while you looked who was calling you. It was Max. He knows that you wouldn't be on your phone so it must be serious if he was calling you.

'What's up?' you asked when you answered the FaceTime call.

'I need you to come home, right now,' Max said.

'Why? What's going on?' you said and put your glass of wine on the table.

'Just come home, fast. Please,' he begged you.

'Not until you tell me what's going on,' you said and started to get worried. You grabbed your purse, all ready to go.

'I...'

'Max, tell me,' you urged him to tell.

'There is a huge spider! And it's walking towards me!' he yelled.

You sighed in relief. It's only a spider. Your friends started to laugh.

'He drivers cars that go 300 kilometres per hour and he is scared of a spider? I thought they weren't scared of anything,' one of your friends laughed.

'Well, we are. Please Y/N. You have to kill it, or it's going to kill me!' Max begged you.

'Step on it with your shoe. It'll be dead in two seconds.'

'It's too fast! I already tried!'

You shook your head and sighed. 'Alright. I'll be there in ten minutes.'

'Please hurry up,' Max said.

'I'll do my best.' You hung up the call and looked at your friends. 'Duty calls. We have to do this again someday soon,' you said as you started to hug your friends.

'We will and then we're all going to turn our phones off,' your friend laughed.

'I will. I'm sorry. It was fun, though.' You said goodbye to your friends and quickly made your way to your car. You drove home as fast as you could.

When you got home, you found Max sitting on the table, with a shoe in his hand. He didn't move when you walked into the room.

'Stop walking, it's right there,' Max said and pointed at what he was looking at.

You turned around and saw a spider on the wall. It wasn't even that big, to be honest. 'Give me that,' you said and grabbed Max his shoe out of his hand. You walked over to the wall and smashed the shoe against it.

'Done, it's dead,' you said and turned back around to Max.

'You are a lifesaver,' he said and came down from the table. He walked over to you and kissed you.

'Next time, you can call Daniel or somebody else from your team, because that thing wasn't scary or fast,' you said as you sat down on the couch and kicked off your shoes.

'I'm sorry, but it was fast when I tried to kill it. Did you have fun with your friends?'

'I did until my scared boyfriend called. But it's all good because now I can get to cuddle with him all night,' you said as you curled up against Max, who laughed.