Dinner - Max Verstappen & Daniel Ricciardo

Hi everyone! I wanted to let you guys know that I'm working on short stories. I wanted to expand my writing a little bit and start with that. This book will still continue, don't worry, but I wanted to ask you something: Is there a one shot that you would liked to be as a short story or maybe another idea that would fit? Let me know by sending me a dm or replying here! Thanks! x

Thank you for all the love on the chapters and all the reads. It really means a lot to me that so many people like the one shots I'm working on! ♥︎

Today was the last morning you were at work, and all you had were meetings. You had the one after another, and they weren't exactly fun. You got a lot of feedback on your work, which mostly wasn't positive. You had some meetings on things your colleagues needed to finish up, and lastly, you had a meeting with your boss about your work. You hated it. You knew that giving feedback was supposed to make you better at your job, but it felt like they were pushing you into the ground and hating every idea that you had. You were just done for the morning.

'Have a great vacation Y/N,' your boss said to you as you packed your stuff.

'Thanks! I'll see you in two weeks,' you said and quickly said goodbye to your colleagues, before walking out of the building.

You made your way outside and saw when you saw your boyfriends car. Max, your boyfriend, also had two weeks off from racing, so you two were planning on spending as much time together as you could. Max still had some things to do, but that wasn't much.

'Hey,' he said as you got in the car.

'Hi,' you smiled and quickly kissed him before putting your seatbelt on.

'How were the meetings?' Max asked as he drove home.

'I want to stab everyone. It was just horrible,' you sighed.

'Don't get blood on your dress. We have dinner reservations at seven,' Max chuckled.

'Love you for enabling me.'

'Love you too. But why was it so horrible?'

'They just hated on every idea that I had. Commenting on everything that I did wrong, there was nothing positive about it. I get the feedback, but positive feedback is also a part of it. Now they have ruined my whole mood. Assholes,' you complained. It wasn't the first time that meetings went this way and you've kinda got used to it, but whenever it was only about your work, it felt like a personal attack to you and your whole day would be ruined by it. Just like today, you wanted to start your vacation well, but all you could think about was the feedback that they gave you. You to change everything right now and take your break later, but you knew that wouldn't solve anything.

'They are assholes. I read your work, it's good Y/N. Even big newspapers make mistakes. I want to say that you shouldn't take it too personally, but I know you do, so just try not to think about it as much. It's going to be okay. If they can't handle the talent you have, then maybe you should find another job. Because you deserve to have positive feedback on your work because it's good Y/N. And I wouldn't be saying that if it wasn't true,' Max said and laid his hand on your leg.

'I know. But I like the company. It just sucks that everything is going like this. But now I have a two-week break, and we're not going to talk about my work anymore. How was your day?' You grabbed his hand, holding it for the entire ride while he talked about his day.

Once you got home, both of you decided to cancel the dinner reservation and cook for yourself. You had invited Daniel to come over too since it would be fun.

'There is my favourite Aussie,' you smiled as Daniel walked into your apartment. You jumped off the kitchen counter and hugged Daniel.

'It's been a while since I've seen my favourite Dutchie,' Daniel laughed.

'Mate, you just saw me yesterday,' Max said.

'I was talking about my favourite Max, not second best,' Daniel said.

Max rolled his eyes while you laughed. 'Luckily, you are my favourite Dutchie,' you said to Max and kissed him on the cheek. You sat back on the kitchen counter, while Max handed Daniel a beer.

'What's for dinner, chef?' Daniel asked Max.

'Just some pasta.'

'If he doesn't burn it,' you joked.

'Come on! That was one time.'

You and Daniel started to laugh. It was one of the first dinners you had with Max and Daniel at Max his home. Max was cooking pasta and actually burned it so bad that the whole apartment was full of smoke. Max was a good cook, so you liked teasing him with the one mistake he made.

'But it was pretty bad though,' Daniel said.

You nodded your head in agreement.

'Are you two going to be against me for the whole night?' Max asked.

You looked at Daniel, doubting on what you would say.

'Nah, I'm just going to tease you until I leave, and then I leave the rest up to Y/N,' Daniel said with a big smile on his face.

You shook your head. Guys were unbelievable. 'Remind me to never invite you again for dinner.'

'Ouch, I thought you liked me.'

'Passed sense, yeah.'

Daniel shook his head in disappointment.

'Alright, be nice to each other. It's going to be a fun dinner,' Max said and looked at the two of you.

'Oh, we're having so much fun,' Daniel said sarcastically which made the three of you laugh. It was nice to have the feeling of this morning completely gone, and you were now just having fun with your friend and boyfriend. This is how you would like to spend every day: just having fun and laughing while making dinner with your friends.