Party - Lando Norris

You were standing in the middle of a party. It was the first one that you went through ever since your boyfriend broke up with you. He left without saying goodbye. All he did was leaving a letter, explaining that he couldn't say goodbye to you in person because it was too hard. He said that he was going to miss you and that he loved you, but that it was better for the two of you. That was two months ago, and till this day, you were still struggling with it. You missed him. It felt like the half of your heart was gone. You felt empty, and all you wanted to do was be with him. At the same time, you were so mad at him for leaving you. How could he not say goodbye? It couldn't be that hard...

You spend most of your time in bed and only got out when you really needed to do something, which was almost never. Your classes where online, so you stayed in bed during the day. Whenever friends wanted to make plans, you cancelled on them. You just couldn't do it. You couldn't imagine yourself doing things without him by your side. Very slowly, those thoughts started to fade away. It was still there, but now more on the background. You pushed yourself to do more things with your friends, and that was why you were now at the party. You hated them, but it was a good distraction. You had been talking to some of your friends and some other girls you recognized from school.

They now had left you all alone to do some beer pong. You looked around when you noticed him standing on the staircase, looking right at you. The glass you had in your hand, slipped away and crushed when it touched the floor. The whole room went silent, and everybody looked at you. You looked like you had just seen a ghost. Your hands were shaking, and your heart was beating 100 miles an hour.

'Let's go,' your best friend said as you noticed what you were looking at. She grabbed your arm and dragged you out of the house.

'Y/N, wait please,' you heard behind you.

Hearing him say your name again sent shivers down your spine.

'She doesn't want to talk to you,' your best friend yelled at him.

'Y/N, I-.'

Your best friend stopped walking and turned around to your ex-boyfriend. 'No, you stop. Have you any what you did to her? You ruined her life by leaving, Lando. When you left, you took a piece of her, and she will never get that back. Do you know that this is the first time after you left, that she came out of the house? She doesn't want your excuses. If you were smart, you would stay away from her and let her move on,' your best friend said.

You started at Lando like he rose up from the dead. Even in the dark, even with his hair all messy, he still looked like the hottest man on earth to you. Even after everything that he did, you still wanted to run up to him and smash your lips against his. But you couldn't move. All you could do was stare at him.

'Let's go,' your best friend said and pulled you away.

'It wasn't my choice!' Lando yelled, which made you stop walking.

You turned around and looked at him. 'Go on,' you mumbled.

'It wasn't my decision to leave. They were saying that you were a distraction from my career, from my future. I couldn't reach out to you, because they were tracking my phone and watching my every movement. I'm sure on of them will call me in a second, asking what I'm doing here. But I couldn't stay away any longer. Because not having you around me is the biggest distraction.' By they, Lando meant the team from McLaren Racing. The racing team always wanted what was best for Lando, and they could make a lot of decisions, and if he disagreed, he would be out.

'What about your career, though? They'll kick you out,' you slowly said.

'I don't care. All I want is you. That might sound cliche as hell, but it's true. I need you by my side Y/N. I love you, and that has never gone away.'

Without saying anything else, you ran up to him and smacked your lips against his. He wrapped his arms around you. You smelled the familiar scent of his cologne, and you felt like you were home again. It felt like your heart was whole again.

You pulled back and looked at Lando. 'If they would kick you out, there would be other teams fighting to have a driver like you in their team. If McLaren doesn't support who you are, they're not the right team,' you said.

'Thank you,' Lando said and kissed you again.