Chapter Four

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Professor Dumbledore sent all the Gryffindors back to the Great Hall, where they were joined ten minutes later by the students from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin, who all looked extremely confused.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Professor Dumbledore told them as Professors McGonagall and Flitwick closed all doors into the hall. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately," he added to Percy, who was looking immensely proud and important. "Send word with one of the ghosts."

Remus, who was being called over by the other professors, turned to Noel, "I need you to stay here okay? No wandering around." He said to her seriously.

Noel nodded her head, "I know." she said, a little distracted as Dumbledore had just conjured some sleeping bags.

"Okay good, good..." Lupin trailed off, a vacant look in his eyes.

"Be safe, okay, ask for help." Noel told him just as seriously. Remus ruffled her hair and went to the other professors.

Once Dumbledor closed the door, the hall immediately began to buzz excitedly; the Gryffindors were telling the rest of the school what had just happened.

"C'mon," Ron said to Harry and Hermione; they seized three sleeping bags and dragged them into a corner. Harry looked around and saw that Noel was alone leaning against the wall near the door. He turned to Ron and Hermione, "should we ask her to come over?" He asked, pointing to Noel. Ron scrunched his nose, and Hermione looked on the fence but Harry walked over to her before either of them could disagree.

"Noel?" He approached her apprehensively.

Noel looked up and gave him a gentle smile, "Hello Harry," she said pleasantly, he gave her a smile in return.

"Hi Noel, are you alright?" He asked her when he noticed her eyes kept wandering around.

"I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed." She answered him honestly.

"Uh- well my friends and I are over there in that corner," he pointed to where Ron and Hermione were watching them. "If it helps, you're welcome to join us."

Noel looked up a little surprised, "Really? You don't mind?" She asked nervously.

"Not at all."

"Okay, are you sure you don't mind?" as she picked her sleeping bag up and began to walk.

"I'm positive!" Harry exclaimed, following behind her.

Once they made it over, Noel said hello to Ron and Hermione who waved at her. As they all climbed in, Noel laid next to Harry, staring at the ceiling, still feeling overwhelmed by the noise.