Chapter Twenty Seven

<CW: panic attack>

<CW: panic attack>

—— ϟ ——

Waking up the next morning Noel groaned, sitting up. She turned to see the side beside her but it was empty. She frowned looking at the sheets and a sudden feeling of hurt hit her but she didn't know why.

When had he gotten up?

Noel sighed, her whole body ached and her head hurt. She laid down again, burying herself into the blankets and pillows, she would sleep in today, possibly not even get up and she would do so gladly because she was tired.

Noel tossed and turned not being able to get comfortable. She huffed and laid on her side so she could see the window, the sun was starting to rise and the sky was painted with hues of pinks and purple. She loved seeing the sunrise.

Noel's thoughts drifted to her dad and the missions that he would be starting soon. He would be joining a werewolf colony in the outskirts in western Scotland, she didn't know where. Noel tried to think happy thoughts but it was soon deemed impossible because all she could think about was that he would barely be home and she wouldn't see him or send him letters.

The thought of not talking to him while he was on a dangerous mission made her breathing pick up and her head to spiral. Noel felt like her thoughts were suffocating her. She tried her breathing exercises but more and more anxiety riddled questions filled her head to the brim and Noel couldn't shut them up. She sat up quickly, putting a hand over her heart. She could feel it beating wildly. Hades now was on her bed yapping, trying to distract her but she couldn't focus.

Her breathing was so erratic that it felt like she was gasping for a breath, her ears were ringing. She couldn't feel her heart anymore and that made her panic. Her thoughts now surrounded the idea of her exams as well. What if she failed? What if they knew about her dad and purposely failed her? Who would she sit with? Who would she talk to?

Noel was so worked up that she had started crying, her chest felt so heavy, where the fuck was her heart?! She clutched at her leg tightly with her free hand, her bare skin now red while her nails dig into them. She could nearly feel it.

Luckily, Remus who was on his way to check up on her saw her in her panic state and made quick action to calm her.

She hadn't had an anxiety attack in a while but to be frank Remus was surprised she hadn't had one earlier.

"Noel. Hey Noel." He tried but her eyes were unfocused she had her head tipped back as the tears streamed down, she was breathing so quickly it was scaring him. He noticed where her hands were and he pried the one that was making her leg bleed and let her clutch his own. He tried not to wince when her nails now dig into his hand.

The other was on her heart, desperate to hear a heartbeat. He grabbed her hand and placed it on his own heart.

"Noel." He tried again and this time she heard him, she looked at him, her eyes glossy.