Chapter Fifty Three

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

"We'll be joining the Weasley's tonight." Remus told the kids over breakfast. Noel stabbed her eggs angrily, playing with her food while Theo simply nodded his head.

"Okay..." Remus said warily, "I would assume that you, lovely, would be more ecstatic." He chuckled ruffling her hair.

Noel glared at him, blowing pesky strands of hair out of her eyes, "people can be so mean! May I be excused?" Noel asked as she stood up, Remus didn't have the chance to answer when she had already matched up the stairs, slamming her door shut.

Remus blinked, and turned to Teddy. "Do you know anything about that?"

Theodore but his lip, when she told him what had happened before and after Slughorn's party, he felt bad for her but Noel had the tendency to lay all her hurt on someone who didn't really fault her.

"She— her feelings are very viscous aren't they?"

"Yes, it was awful when she was younger. She seemed much more in tune with them. She has her off days of course, today is probably one of them."

"Yeah... I think— I think he's really good for her. Harry I mean, I've seen them in school, he's good at comforting her, emotionally. Not a lot of people can take up the job, he's holding the fort down pretty well so far."

"That's— I'm glad to hear it. It takes a lot from a person to calm her anxiety down, or just her emotions in general. I'm her dad it's easy... she nor I can expect anyone to do it so easily."

"Thank you for taking me in, I know I always say it but truly I'm very grateful for your help and generosity, it probably wasn't easy especially with your condition and the joblessness of it all. It means a lot." Theo said, his voice full of gratitude.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Remus said kindly, standing up. "We better give her some space, I don't want her to explode on us."

After an afternoon full of hearing Kate Bush, Remus had enough and knocked on Noel's door.

"Noelia Hope Lupin! Open the door!" He shouted, pressing his ear to the door.

"That's not my name!" A muffled shout was heard.

Remus sighed, and rubbed his temple, "Jellybean, you have to talk to me so I know how to fix whatever's wrong."

A few beats of silence passed by before she answered. "I overheard someone calling me a slag, they were telling their friends that they had seen me with Hunter during rounds one night, and then in the morning I was with Harry.

That had been earlier in the day, then when I was waiting for Harry there were some girls standing around, they said, very loudly may I add, that I, uh, 'dress like a slut.'"

"Oh, Noel..."

"Can I please— please just be alone. I don't want to talk about it anymore."

"I'll be here when you decide to come out." Remus reassured her.