Chapter Seventeen

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Ron, Hermione, Harry and Noel made their way towards the owlery. On the way there Harry told Ron about Karkroff, how he used to be a Death Eater. As Noel observed him she noticed that Harry's shoulders were less slumped, he was standing straighter and his face was bright while talking to his best friend. Noel knew Harry missed Ron but he's a totally different character now with him by his side.

Noel laughed when Ron's owl, Pigwidgeon, flew around the group excitedly. Hooting shrilly.

Noel pulled out the piece of parchment and quill Hermione gave her so she could write her dad a letter. Noel decided not to tell him through a letter but ask if he could come to one of the Hogsmeade weekends or one of the tasks so they could talk.

She tied the letter to Asra who was as always, with Hedwig. He nipped Noel's finger and stretched his big brown wings. He waited for Pig to fly out first so he wouldn't get pushed by the excited owl.

"There's no way any of the other tasks are going to be that dangerous, how could they be?" Ron went on as they headed out.

"You know what? I reckon you could win this tournament, Harry, I'm serious."

"Harry's got a long way to go before he finishes this tournament," Hermione said seriously. "If that was the first task, I hate to think what's coming next."

"Right little ray of sunshine, aren't you?" said Ron. "You and Professor Trelawney should get together sometime. Well, we'd better get downstairs for your surprise party, Harry — Fred and George should have nicked enough food from the kitchens by now." Ron finished the sentence giving Noel a wide-eyed look who was promptly looking away.

Harry sighed heavily. "Right."

"I mean Noel is welcome to come!" Ron amended.

"Hermione won't let me into the common room anyway." Noel said. It was true, Hermione being the rule follower she got upset anyway who wasn't Gryffindor into their common room saying that the entrances were a secret for a reason. Noel didn't want to go anyway. She got overwhelmed in big gatherings and she had a lot of studying to do.

"I have research to do anyway. I'll see you tomorrow." Noel said as the parted ways. 

Noel pulled what seemed to be a million books. She went by sections that could help her understand her magic. Books about healing, natural born powers, and the suppression of it. Lycanthropy and what it could affect if they have children. She pulled out science books and biographies from Alchemist's, Elementalist and other naturally born witches and wizards with additional powers.

She continued to read and snuck a few books out when Madam Pince told her the library was closed. She quietly pulled books from her common room's extensive library. She stayed up the whole night and finally, finally as the sun was rising she came across a book about stardust.