Chapter Twenty Four

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Cleaning the house had become Noel's most dreaded part of the summer. She had finished her room and she was satisfied with it but the other rooms were disgusting and they wanted to at least finish those so people could sleep in them safely but it was a lot of work.

Another issue that they had come across was Kreacher and Mrs. Blacks painting. The house elf would spit vile to both Noel and Remus and while the two Lupins ignored him and walked around him to not upset him, Sirius took personal offense to his name calling. He would yell at the house elf and grumble around the house expressing how much he hated it.

Mrs. Black would yell at the top of her lungs, announcing how disrespectful it was for half-breeds to be in her house. Sirius and Remus had spent an afternoon trying to get her portrait down but there was no use, the portrait had a permanent sticking charm to it.

It was the morning of July 1st and Noel stood anxiously at the door of her dad's bedroom. She had forgotten to tell him about the letter. She had a cup of his favorite tea in one hand and in the other the letter. The tea was to bribe him and the letter was for evidence. She knew that he wouldn't let her go on her own but they didn't know what time Theo would be there so there was the possibility of waiting there all day.

Taking a deep breath she knocked and creaked the door open to see him still sleeping. Scratching her head she looked back to the hall but he was already sitting up, having heard the door open.

"Noel, are you okay?" He asked. Noel walked in fully and sat on the bed. "Yes, everything's fine. Tea?" She asked, handing him the cup, he looked at her suspiciously but grabbed the mug nonetheless.

"We have to go to Diagonally." She cut to the chase. "Has the supply list come in already?"

Noel looked down at the letter that she was clenching, she smoothed it out on her knee and shook her head, "No, it's from Theodore, he's leaving today. He wrote to me and said to meet him in Diagonally."

Remus sighed heavily and looked at his cup in dismay. "Noel, it's very dangerous to go out. We can't just stay there for the whole day, we'll look suspicious."

Noel chewed her lip feeling guilty, "I know, I know. I'm sorry."

"We have to take Sirius, I wonder if there's a leash around here somewhere."

Noel gave a relieved sigh and hugged him tightly. "Thank you, thank you!"

Diagonally was still very busy with people. Everywhere you looked you could see people reading the Daily Prophet which was sporting a page with Dumbledore on it, calling him mad, trying to convince people that he's after the position of Minister of Magic.

Noel and Remus had both brough books, alongside Padfoot who they unfortunately had to put a leash on, he was absolutely livid but that was the only way for them to go out.