Chapter Fifty Nine

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Noel quickly got out of bed and ran down the stairs. She needed to go check if everything was alright. When she arrived, Ginny, Neville, and Luna were standing around talking quickly in hushed whispers to one another. Noel walked over, halting their conversation.

"What's going on?" She asked, a nervous smile playing on her lips. No one answered. "Neville?"

"Our old coins burned. Hermione told us that we have to watch all the entrances and be ready for anything." Neville told her.

Noel looked around, not understanding. She spotted Hermione and Ron. "What's going on?" She asked the two, her tone demanding for them to tell her the truth.

"Harry went with Dumbledore. He didn't tell us much but he has a hunch that Malfoy and Snape with do whatever they've been planning all year tonight. He gave me the map and told me to watch the Room or Requiremnt for any sighs on Malfoy. He gave us his last bit of Liquid Luck."

"What could Malfoy and Snape be possibly up to that we need to take Liquid Luck?"

"I don't know. Ron and I have taken our share the last bit if for you, here," she gave the bottle to Noel who looked down at it a bit hesitantly. "I'm not taking this. I don't want it."

Hermione looked at her sympathetically. "I know we've been reluctant to believe Harry and his... very passionate allegations about Malfoy but I'm honestly thinking he might be right."

"When did he leave?"

"A while now."

"Oh."

"He told us to tell you good-bye." Hermione said kindly, placing a gentle hand on Noel's arm.

The D.A. members partnered up and patrolled the 7 floors of the castle all looking out for any sign of danger. Noel, in a moment of bravery opted to go alone. The Liquid Luck sat heavy in her pocket but she had two people in mind who needed it more than her.

As night set, there was an eerie silence in the castle that set Noel on edge. The hair's on her arm stood up at the sound of windows breaking. She looked around, startled and hid behind one of the pillars. Noel let out a sky breath and tried to pull herself together. As quietly as she could, eternally grateful that she wasn't wearing and heels, she moved through the corridors within the shadows it provided and from there Noel could see everything that was happening.

There were about six Death Eaters in total from what Noel could see. Noel looked around and wondered where her friends were.

"Noel..."

She quickly turned around and was surprised to see her dad there. "What– what are you doing here?"

"Hermione and Luna alerted the Order. Dumbledore had told anyone who could patrol tonight to be in Hogsmeade for the day." Remus explained quickly. "It seems like Harry was right after all huh?"