Chapter Forty Four

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Noel stared out the window, it's been so dreary and rainy the last couple of days that she herself felt melancholy.

The few days that Noel had been home she and Harry had been sending letters to each other as much as they could. Remus wasn't home very often, due to Order missions or meetings. Meaning, Noel and Theo spent all their time together which was the perfect opportunity to tell him everything that had happened at the end of term.

He was saddened of course, Sirius was someone who he could relate to on a special level, running away from home in search of a loving family. She had also told him about the roller coaster of emotions that had happened when she and Harry had finally confessed to each other.

It was quite amusing how he had immediately gotten angry to curious to down right invested, even cheering when she told him what happened at the train station. 

Because Remus would be spending so much time away from home and all the attacks with the Death Eaters he and Mrs Weasly had talked and she had offered that the kids stay at the burrow for the summer. Noel and Theo would be with their friends and Remus didn't have to worry about them being hurt. The Burrow was also being used as a temporary Order house so he would be there occasionally, allowing him to see Noel whenever he was there.

Noel, who had gotten everything back into her room courtesy of Mad-Eye, had everything she needed to pack for the whole summer. Remus had put an expandable charm on her trunk so she could take the mounts of clothes that she 'absolutely needed'. Noel felt bad however because she had to take Ringo, Hades, Mars and Asra with her and she didn't want them to inconvenience Mrs Weasley and make her regret her offer.

"Noel." Theo saluted, sitting down next to her on the windowsill. "Have you noticed anything weird with Tonks?"

"No? Like what?"

"Well when we're coming home from the meeting the other day I noticed that she didn't have her hair in a funky color and she looked so sad. I also noticed that she was very jumpy."

"Maybe she's sad about Sirius? They were cousins." Noel pointed out.

"Maybe." Theo muttered, he was sure it had nothing to do with Sirius but kept his mouth shut not wanting to say something and be completely wrong.

"Are you and Harry dating now?"

"Huh?" Noel asked, startled.

"Well you kissed and you both told each other how you feel for one another."

"Yeah but... he hasn't said anything to me. Oh god. What if he just assumes we are? Or what if he doesn't know either? What if he doesn't even want to put a label on it!? I want to be asked out. Y'know I'm a hopeless romantic... Theo!" Noel yelled, completely distressed now, she hadn't even thought about the technicalities.