Chapter Eleven

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

After reading the Daily Prophet and hearing the news about the Death Eater raid that had happened at the Quidditch Cup, Noel hadn't been sleeping. She would wake up crying from nightmares. Remus had taken residents in her bedroom, sleeping on a cot so he could get to her faster. Her eyes had been permanently bloodshot from the lack of sleep.

Remus was growing worried by the minute not knowing how to help. He didn't want to give her dreamless sleep or a calming drought, because it could cause her negative side effects, one of them being that she wouldn't be able to go to be naturally without taking a vial before bed.

"Noel, school starts tomorrow, do you want to start packing?" He asks gently, already hauling her trunk over to her bed.

Noel packed silently, her books, quills, inks, some more potion supplies, as well as her clean pressed school robes. "Here you have to fold the dress like this so it doesn't crease." Remus instructed and put the dress on top of her trunk.

"Why do we need a dress?"

Remus frowned, "Uh, I don't know, but your supply list said that you need dress robes." He shrugged.

Noel slumped back on the bed, closing her eyes, "I'm tired."

"You can sleep, I'll wake you up tomorrow so we can get to the station. Here I'll bring you some chamomile tea."

Drowning the hot tea in one go and burning her throat in the process Noel slumped back and finally fell asleep peacefully.

The next day they got up early and ready. Needing to Apparate to the station.

"I'll be working in the library, good paying and it's muggle so they won't see that I'm registered." Remus said after Noel asked what he will be doing now that she's going to school. "Mrs. Lane is nice and won't say anything that I have sick days, I already talked to her about it."

"That's good, maybe you'll get to read some more books."

London was cold and rainy, pulling her cloak tighter around her, Noel bid goodbye to her dad and climbed onto the red train, hoping she'll get some shut eye.

Climbing into an empty compartment she pulled her hood on, blocking the train lights. She leaned against the cold window and closed her eyes, listening to the mumbling chatterer and laughter that filled the station. She heard Harry, Ron and Hemione walking down and opening the compartment door.

They were talking in hushed excited voices about the changes in Hogwarts this year. She could also hear Crookshakes purring and Pigwidgeon shrilling excitedly.

She uncovered her face, keeping the hood on and greeted them, "Why are you whispering?" she asked, mildly, startling them.

"Merlin Noel, I thought you were sleeping." Hermione gasped.