Chapter Eight

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

After Griffyndor's win, Harry was in euphoric bliss. He had caught up with Noel on everything including Hagrid's trial and apologized profusely for the Hogsmeade weekend that he missed with her. She congratulated him on his win, making him stammer trying to find a response.

They hung out as usual and he wanted to tell her about the map but Professor Lupin had confiscated it when Malfoy snitched on him while being at Hogsmeade.

It was June which meant that final exams were approaching. Noel had been studying every evening but was still anxious until she finished her exam.

She did well in Potions and Astronomy. As well as in Ancient Runes and Arithmancy. DADA was the most unusual exam she had. The professor had made an obstacle course where they had an encounter with every creature they learned about.

Noel was with Padfoot and Crookshanks when both animals suddenly leapt up. The dog barked a mad bark running towards something. Noel leapt up as well trying to see what upset him.

She saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione a little way further. The big dog was running right at them. Noel broke into a run calling for the dog to stop. "PADFOOT!" Harry! Watch out"

Noel caught up to them but it was too late. The dog had a grip on Ron and was dragging him down into the willow. Noel's eyes widened and realized where she was. Before she knew it she felt a sharp pain in his back making her fall forcefully.

She heard Harry groan and Hermione scream but she had to go into the willow. So, army crawling her way over, scraping her hands and knees, she dove in.

She pulled her wand out and muttered Lumos in the dark tunnel. She can hear Ron fighting off the dog. She ran as fast as she could. When she made it to the room she saw how distorted and old looking it was. There were papers everywhere and a very old worn out bed. Ron was laying in it bleeding from his leg.

She didn't see that her stray had turned into a person. She heard Harry and Hermione walk in, she turned around, face to face with Sirius Black.

She stared at him in shock.

"Ron — are you okay?" She could hear Harry from behind her.

"Where's the dog?"

"Not a dog," Ron moaned. His teeth were gritted with pain. "Harry, it's a trap —"

"What —"

"He's the dog... he's an Animagus."

Harry wheeled around and the man moved forward with a snap closing the door. Noel stood in front of him not moving a muscle.

A mass of filthy, matted hair hung to his elbows. If his eyes hadn't been shining out of the deep, dark sockets, he might have been a corpse. The waxy skin was stretched so tightly over the bones of his face, it looked like a skull. His yellow teeth were bared in a grin. It was Sirius Black.