Chapter Thirty Two

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

The rest of the week Noel and Harry went to their detention, wrote lines and left with their hands aching with pain. The unnamed bowtruckle had been accompanying Noel everywhere and she felt bad, because she didn't have the proper means to take care of him.

She was sitting in the library when someone sat down on the other half of the table. Noel barely looked up, too focused on what she was working on. It was an experimental project for potions.

"Noel." A familiar voice.

Noel looked up, a big smile breaking on her voice when she saw Theo sitting there.

"Theo. I haven't seen you in ages."

"It's only been a week, Noel."

"Yeah and after spending months looking at your ugly face, it feels like it's been ages."

"Okay, first of all; I'm gorgeous. And second, you haven't been in here for the last couple of days. I have."

"Yeah well, what can I say? I have apparently been off my rocker and got not one, but two weeks of detention!" Noel said, rolling her eyes, she blew some hair out her face and looked down at her textbook again.

"What on your hand?" Theo asked, appalled.

Noel quickly pulled her sleeve down. "It's nothing, I fell again."

"No you didn't. Let me see." Theo said, holding out his hand, he didn't want to force her but the cut looked long, and agitated.

"Theodore, it's nothing. I fell." She said again, avoiding his eyes.

Theo huffed and sat on the chair next to her. Noel shifted a little but didn't move away.

"Noel, c'mon. Have you been hurting yourself?" He asked, his voice apprehensive and full of worry.

Noel looked at him in shock, "No! What– Theo, I have not been hurting myself."

"You haven't fallen either," he sighed heavily, "did someone hurt you?"

Noel rubbed her nose, anxiously. A few minutes passed between the two.

"Umbridge–"

Theo made a displeased noise.

"Umbridge gave me detention for 2 weeks. She makes us write lines with blood quills."

"Blood– blood quills! Is she insane! How is that even allowed?" Theo said furiously. "Oh, Salazar, what does she make you write?"

Noel gave him her hand and he took it. He sucked in a deep breath. "Oh, Noel," he said sadly.

"It's horrible," she said, taking her hand away. "Hopefully I don't get anymore after next week. I don't know if I'll be able to heal them."