Chapter Twelve

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

When Noel walked into the Great Hall the next morning the rain had calmed down considerably throughout the night. Professor Flitwick had handed her the new times table.

Sitting herself down she started to load her plate with some fruits when she felt someone sit beside her. Turning, she looked at Harry who was reaching for a piece of toast.

"Good morning."

"Good morning Harry."

"How's your nose?" He asked as he snatched her schedule to check if they had any classes together. He gave her a satisfied grin when he saw that they had DADA, Care of Magical Creatures and Transfigurations together.

Noel gave a sarcastic smile, "my nose is fine. What do you think of the tournament?" She asked, giving him the strawberry that he was eyeing.

"I think it's pretty cool. Eternal glory and all that." He shrugged, grabbing a fork so they could eat off the same plate. Noel glared at him playfully when he continued to eat the strawberries.

"Would you sign up, if you were of age?" She asked

Harry hesitated, "I don't think so, I mean... I don't want eternal glory and I don't need the money. I think there's someone a lot more worthy of it. Also, I don't like being in the spotlight, sometimes I wish I could hide in the shadows."

Noel nodded her head in understanding, she wouldn't want the attention either. "I don't think I would want either of those if it meant I had to risk my life." She told him.

Harry and Noel continued to eat together. They were later joined by Hermione and Ron who had been looking for Harry.

"Should've known." Hermione muttered when she saw the two laughing.

"Good morning Hermione, Ron."

"Good morning Noel. We have Herbology first, we should head there early, don't want to be late because of the mud." Hermione said, buttering a piece of toast.

"You're eating again, I notice," said Ron, watching Hermione adding liberal amounts of jam to her toast.

"I've decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights," said Hermione haughtily.

"Yeah . . . and you were hungry," said Ron, grinning.

"Why did you stop eating?" Noel asked.

"Hermione found out that there are house elves here. Sir Nicolas told her that they work in the kitchen, so she decided that she won't be eating anything." Harry told her, getting more fruit for themselves.

Noel simply nodded, thinking it was not a good idea to tell Hermione that she's befriended some elves and has used the kitchens during her 4 years at Hogwarts.