Chapter Fourteen

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

Harry sat there, aware that every head in the Great Hall had turned to look at him. He was stunned. He felt numb. He was surely dreaming. He had not heard correctly.

There was no applause. A buzzing, as though of angry bees, was starting to fill the Hall; some students were standing up to get a better look at Harry as he sat, frozen, in his seat.

"I didn't put my name in," Harry said blankly. "You know I didn't." He told both Ron and Hermione who were staring at him blankly.

At the top table, Professor Dumbledore had straightened up, nodding to Professor McGonagall.

"Harry Potter!" he called again. "Harry! Up here, if you please!"

"Go on," Hermione whispered, giving Harry a slight push.

Harry got to his feet, trod on the hem of his robes, and stumbled slightly. He set off in the gap between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables.

Harry turned his head to look for Noel. He spotted her immediately, her eyes were full of worry and she was chewing on her lip anxiously.

When she caught his eyes she sent him a sad smile and nodded her head towards Dumbledore.

Once Harry had disappeared there was an uproar between all schools,

"He isn't even of age!"

"Harry Potter!"

"There can not be two Hogwarts champions!"

They were dismissed immediately but Noel decided to linger. She heard angry Hufflepuffs pass by and half annoyed, half impressed Gryffindors making their way up the marble staircase.

A few minutes passed by, Harry and Cedcric finally made their way out of the room.

"Harry?"

Harry turned and saw Noel standing at the top of the stairs. Was anyone except Ron and Hermione going to believe him, or would they all think he'd put himself in for the tournament?

She gave him a light smile. "Are you okay?" She asked him sincerely when he made his way towards her.

"I didn't put my name in," Harry said abruptly.

Noel tilted her head, "I know. I asked if you're alright. What did they tell you?"

"They said I have to compete." Harry shrugged. He really couldn't think of anything to say. The inside of his head seemed to be in complete disarray, as though his brain had been ransacked.

"Well um, you could come back to my common room if yours is overwhelming." Noel said shyly, not knowing what to say to comfort him.

"Thank you."