Chapter Sixty Four

—— ϟ ——

—— ϟ ——

"What is your greatest desire?" Theo asked her.

"I want peace. I don't want to go in waves of being incredibly happy or depressingly sad anymore."

"There could be no peace for people like you Noel. Only misery or greatest happiness."

Noel looked down, unable to think of anything to say. "Are those the only two that I allow myself?"

"It's the only two you're willing to experience. It's what happens when you willingly surrender yourself to someone who puts your love and their responsibilities on a pedestal."

"Sometimes love isn't enough to stay."

"There are people that sacrifice their lover for the world and people who sacrifice the world for their lover."

"He was destined to be the hero, no matter if he fell in love or not."

"You've read Shakespeare Noel, the tragic hero always ends in—"

"Tragedy, yeah."

"Are you guys done with your very melodramatic therapy session?" Remus asked, raising an eyebrow as he leaned against the doorframe.

"I guess." Noel sighed heavily, "Dad, do you have any wisdom to bestow upon us?"

"We are selfish creatures, cariad, we will always crave what makes us whole. Grief and despair is inevitable, it's what we do with it that makes all the difference."

"If we're selfish by nature, then why is it frowned upon to act on selfishness? Why do we choose to be selfless and give ourselves to one another?"

"Because there are three things we want Noel; power, money and love."

Noel frowned and looked up at him, "will you ever tell me your tragic love story?"

"One day, now c'mon Mrs Weasley invited us to go over for Harry's birthday."

Noel lolled her head to the side but followed him out nonetheless. The summer weather was lovely, a stark contrast between the previous summer when it was dreary and cloudy. Nowadays, the only thing Noel really looked forward to was finally being able to wear whatever clothes she wanted.

Arriving at the Burrow where they would be spending the day, they joined the two families at the breakfast table.

The three greeted them all with good morning's. Noel had excitedly greeted Charlie Weasley who was home from Romania with a hug.

Madame Delacour had gushed over her outfit. Once again making Noel blush red.

"Oh, no, Maman, Noel iz vegetarian, she doez not eet meat." Fleur said, when she saw her mum passing Noel the bacon. Noel sent her an appreciative smile and grabbed some toast and fruit. There seemed to be a massive pile of presents on the table, everyone adding their own when they walked past it.